Let´s talk about dreams.

dreams are painful. always. if it's a bad dream you feel the pain in the dream and maybe even when you wake up. if it's a nice, sweet dream, you feel the pain when you wake up and realise that it isn't real and probably it won't ever be.

Miolo (pessimistic)

Reactions: Siren
Siren said:
I think i once had this sleep paralysis thing too, i woke up and realised everything around me, but couldn't move or speak, and i thought i had fallen off the bed and broken my neck, it was awful. :err:

I have had it quite a few times, but the most recent one was me lying there, totally aware of my surroundings, and yet there was a tv being flickered from fuzz to something that wasn't fuzz. I couldn't see it, but I could hear it. The thing with this is, I don't even OWN a tv. So I jerked myself awake. I usually do. It is intriging that it happens, but when it happens, I feel a loss of control and don't like it, yet I wish for it whenever I go to sleep, lol.

I have also felt myself entering that state, (only once though). From my feet up, everything just slowly goes numb. I imaging that it must be similar to what happens when you die. Fascinating...

mousewings said:
Does anyone dream of falling? Sometimes before I go to sleep I get these dreams/sensations of falling, and I startle and wake up. Then I go back to sleep. It's quite odd...
I think that happens, when your body, in order to become completely relaxed, gives a final sudden stretch.
Had it once when i saw i slipped off my grandma's stairs. :loco:

when i dream of dying, i usually drown. i try to get to the surface, and realize i can't make it, and take a deep breath which should fill my lungs with water but i realize it's only air... then i usually wake up.
other death dreams include falling from great heights, but the weirdest thing was that someone nailed me to the ground with a pitchfork through my neck. then i thought: well that can only be a nasty dream, and being aware of that, i even could change the story a bit...

mousewings said:
Does anyone dream of falling? Sometimes before I go to sleep I get these dreams/sensations of falling, and I startle and wake up. Then I go back to sleep. It's quite odd...

That happens to me all the time...
Hmm I've dreamed botht that I've killed someone (using a drill :erk: ) and that I've been killed... I've dreamed of planes with personalities, being chased through a weird building, being shot... I tend to have these nightmares about some evil that make me feel so uncomfortable.
Hmm... I don't think I wanna know what it all means though :p

i already wrote here about the 2 or 3 dreams that i remember clearly, i'd become boring writing them again ;)
anyway, the dreams that i remember are always very bad, and everytime i dreamt of dying i woke up before the death moment, in the dream i just lived the part where i knew i was dying slowly...

as Miolo said maybe the worst are the ones too good to be true :cry:

i had a recurring dream of being in the beach and a huge wave appearing, and i couldnt escape. but as i grew up i managed to lock myself up in some high hotel room and then jump out and swim with my friends when the water was fixed balcony high.
i also dreamt a lot of being in the Amazons river in a little raft trying to keep my younger brother and sister from falling off because it was full of crocodiles, i once even got my leg eaten off :ill:
the worst dreams are by far when i know im going to die but there is no time to say goodbye to everyone or to tell them. i once dreamt the world was ending in a couple of hours and i was searching for this person unsuccesfully while everyone else had their loved ones near and were having their last moments together. i dream about the world ending pretty often, the saddest one was when everyone knew what was happening but instead of there being caos and havoc, everyone was peaceful and just going on with their normal activities. i also dream of walking out of my house after a nuclear holocaust and trying to find survivors.

my best dreams... a couple of years ago i dreamt i found a magic ring that not only made me invisible but allowed me to fly, with cute gollum by my side. and when i spent lots of times playing a videogame called Kingdom Hearts this winter , i dreamt with all the main characters, and had races with Cloud from final fantasy hahah. i also dream with book characters a lot, if they are old books, my visiting their graves.

My greetings to all. This is my first appearance on this forum.

Sometimes I dream of huge statues or buildings, at which I am terrified even to glance. This is... strange...
Dreams are something beyond our reality... Where do they come from? Is that a biological activity of our material brain, or something that comes from our soul?...

Reactions: Tristessa
When I was 5 years old or so, I dreamt that a lion wounded my left elbow, when my grandpa saw it, he told me that I must take care of my elbows because they're very important. I have never understood that, such a meaningless dream that I still remember.

xenophobe said:
One of the weirdest things is Sleep Paralysis... It's just so bizarre in a lucid/waking state to try to move, and feel your body not able to... I actually kind of like it. :Spin:

I've had this kind of thing once....some time last year...this feeling of not being able to move scared me to death....:erk:

I've also had this sensation of falling some people talked about,several times....

Usually my dreams are quite okey,not very strange things,and some times i managed to find out why i had a certain dream...somehow i manage to connect the elements with thoughts i had during the previous days or things that happened to me etc....

Nightmares i rarely have,but at periods when i'm stressed or sad i see a great deal of messy shit,stressful dreams and stuff...Actually at such periods i wish i had no dreams at all :cry:
Last night i saw i had gone to visit an old friend and when i decided to leave it has gotten really late and i had to retrun home walking in the middle of the night and brrrrrrr it made me feel very stressed in my dream,i was thinking that i should pass through little streets running etc.... :erk:

/mel

Reactions: Rei Toei
I had this dream and there was this clown head floatin in front of me, and it was saying 'look at my hat. Look at my lovely hat!' and then a banana appeared and it said 'tis a fine hat' and the clown said to it 'who are you?' and then it said 'I'm a banana'. I woke up with the urge to buy bananas.

Reactions: Lethe78
On a couple different occasions, I've had a dream that caused me to wake up with a disgusting taste in my mouth. Actually, it wasn't really a taste, but kind of an aftertaste. It's really hard to explain. I, almost felt like I had rust in my mouth for the rest of the day. :erk:

Besides that, I rarely remember my dreams, but I often wake up feeling very dark, as if something in a dream went very wrong. For example, hearing in a dream that I have a terminal disease, which is probably reflective of the fact that I worried about that a lot last year, for no reason in particular.

I can't remember having very happy dreams, although being able to breathe underwater was pretty cool. :Spin:

@mousewings: I used to dream of falling all the time when I was a kid. Always on a big bed floating down the centre of a looooong spiral staircase.

@Dark_Jester: :lol: :lol:

@Onyx: Welcome! :wave:

@Tristessa: Maybe your elbows come in handy at gigs when you can elbow your way through the crowd :D

Reactions: Dark_Jester
I had a strange dream last night. I was at work in a place near a field and there was carnival/fair set up. I was walking through the fair alone, and it had a crumbling ramp somewhere on the grounds leading up to the sky(?). I walked up the ramp, but some people were blocking me, so I went back down. The fair was cool with all these amusement park attractions and goods for barter/sale.

The first part of my dream was related to something at my previous work I forgot to do and related to the messy system change. It was quite... uncool. I hope in real life the system works it out though...

I like this thread.

Reactions: Melancholia
I don't know why and how I can remember all my dreams night after night. I have the most wierd dreams known to mankind. Not long ago I had this strange dream of sitting in a little boat in my livingroom (there was a little swamp there) and fishing. All of a sudden I catch a purple octopuss and it starts sucking itself to my face (like in the Alien movies). In panic I throw myself in the water dragging my friend down with me and drowning him. o_O

Tebus said:
I can't remember having very happy dreams, although being able to breathe underwater was pretty cool. :Spin:
I'd like to see such a dream too. :erk:

Reactions: Ormir
One of my weirdest dream is:
I was vising one of my older brother´s good friend when suddenly there came Mortal Kombat characters out from the woods (Sub-zero type, different coloured clothes) and I killed them all with a broom..

RealHazard said:
One of my weirdest dream is:
I was vising one of my older brother´s good friend when suddenly there came Mortal Kombat characters out from the woods (Sub-zero type, different coloured clothes) and I killed them all with a broom..
Most of my dreams are like that. o_O

Reactions: Siren and Rei Toei