Longest new member post ever? Need death advice

~Neurotica said:
yea it so cool to say "fuck off" when all that person needs is just advice, huh?

1. there is a thread called "recommendations thread" with @ this point in time, 634 posts. that should be plenty enough for this guy to start with
2. there is another thread called "the thread where you talk about music you like" again with 3,956 posts to sift through
3. my advice for this guy - read those threads from start to finish

Krigloch the Furry-ass said:
did he leave?

Yep, like a half-orc assassin with 5 dex and 3 wis on an oiled ramp leading to a pit of hungry gnolls.

(Get nerdier than that, so-called geeks):headbang:

Carcassian said:
Yep, like a half-orc assassin with 5 dex and 3 wis on an oiled ramp leading to a pit of hungry gnolls.

(Get nerdier than that, so-called geeks):headbang:

5 Dex? Damn! That's a -3 modifier and 3 wis? That's like the wisdom of a gelatinous cube!

Thoth-Amon said:
5 Dex? Damn! That's a -3 modifier and 3 wis? That's like the wisdom of a gelatinous cube!

Of course, he couldnt be an assassin with that DEX unless he'd had an accident or been cursed since becoming an assassin.

(BTW nice GC reference :headbang: )

Carcassian said:
Of course, he couldnt be an assassin with that DEX unless he'd had an accident or been cursed since becoming an assassin.

(BTW nice GC reference :headbang: )

True. He'd be rather terrible with "sneak" attacks now wouldn't he?

Death225 said:
No, I said I was OUT OF THE LOOP and listed to ONE song by most of these bands

Am I being a dick yet?

Not that I care..but I am shocked because you are 31 and Iron Maiden is on this list. Iron Maiden? Now if you were 10 I would cut you some slack unless you had an older brother.

Iron Maiden?? :loco: My advice is listen to more Maiden and then work your way through.

Krigloch the Furry-ass said:
did he leave?

No, it's just that 90% of the replies on this thread have been useless drivel posted by people trying to bump their post count, and don't merit a response.

That, and I've been actually been going through that list again and making use of the suggestions people have offered instead of continuing to post pointless garbage to this thread like... well, almost all of you.

THANK YOU to those of you who made suggestions and such.

And once I'm done with that list again, I'm going to post exactly which albums I listened to from which bands and tell you exactly why they suck sweaty mule nads in hell.

Oh, and as far as Iron Maiden... it's not death metal and that's what I'm looking for more of.

Oh, and for anyone who's read this thread and has thought they have simliar taste to me, and you don't have these, pick 'em up, you'll like it. Unless you're out of the loop like I have been you probably have these since they're old.

mp3 download Malevolent Creation Envenomed 2000 $1.17

mp3 download Malevolent Creation Fine Art of Murder 1998 $1.59

mp3 download Malevolent Creation In Cold Blood 1997 $1.18

mp3 download Malevolent Creation Eternal 1996 $1.32

mp3 download Malevolent Creation Stillborn 1993 $1.19

You go find a six year old death metal album on a torrent or something... not going to happen.

Of course, you could use a direct p2p service and risk being sued by the RIAA because you're too broke/too fuckin' cheap to pay .08 cents for the instant download of a good song you want. Which sounds like what you like to do... good for you dude.

EDIT:

I checked out the recommendation thread yesterday and today. It's fucking crap. There are 28 pages of one liners and emoticons, and 1 page worth of recommendations. Yay.

If You like Mal Creation, then you'll like Bolt Thrower...

Dude, I've been checking Bolt Thrower out just this morning. Righteous shit. I've actually never heard them before. They've been around forever and I've always heard the name, but never given 'em a listen til today.

So far I just grabbed "Those Once Loyal", some good shit here. Thanks to the couple people who mentioned them.

Edit: Is it me or are the vox levels a bit low on this album? Or does he sing quiet or something? The music isn't death metal, but it's fuckin' great.

I would think of them as thrash or something before I put a death metal label on them, but wtf do I know. Does everyone think they're death metal?