Megadeth vs Metallica

Megadeth or Metallica

• Megadeth

Votes: 20 43.5%
  • Metallica

Votes: 26 56.5%

• Total voters
"Disposable Heroes" was always the weakest song on the album
Nice alternate reality you're living in there. Does everyone walk around backwards in your world also?

Disposable Heroes is a masterpiece beyond criticism, but Battery is pretty dull once you get past the intro. Easily the weakest song of the first three albums, possibly even first four.
I've tried really hard to at least understand where you're coming from here but you've lost me. What's not to like? It's a great opener and there's plenty going on that I thought you would normally be into.

Best Metallica song is "Am I Evil" cause they Diamond Head better than Diamond Head.

dave-mustine-meme.jpg

63cb1684a007f786f988b473b4f4b3d8ed5cd3e0214221bedfc3b336bc2651da.jpg

Rawer? :lol:

And of course it's heavier and "angrier", it's thrash as opposed to NWOBHM.

Yeah, "rawer" is a legit thing. And while being thrashier sounds like a more obvious reason why it would be better, I can almost guarantee that 99% of thrash bands would have not done 1/10 what Metallica did with "Am I Evil". Metallica at that time in their career were still on the dividing line between thrash and NWOBHM/speed metal. So that cover was pretty much the perfect combo of the two approaches.

Yeah, "rawer" is a legit thing. And while being thrashier sounds like a more obvious reason why it would be better, I can almost guarantee that 99% of thrash bands would have not done 1/10 what Metallica did with "Am I Evil". Metallica at that time in their career were still on the dividing line between thrash and NWOBHM/speed metal. So that cover was pretty much the perfect combo of the two approaches.

Have you even listened to more than 1% of thrash bands?

I love thrash far more than NWOBHM, and im not even that big of a Diamond Head fan ... but i have no problem with admitting that Metallica's version is nowhere near as good as the original. And it shouldn't even be compared honestly. Sure, its a solid cover ... but that's about it.

Reactions: CiG
i know its a legit thing bruh, im just laughing at the fact that you think Metallica's version is rawer.

Have you even listened to more than 1% of thrash bands?

I've been listening to thrash for a decade and a half, so yeah, I know plenty of thrash, and I totally think that Metallica in the Kill Em All portion of their career, which includes "Am I Evil", is thrash at its most raw. I think early 80s metal in general was way more raw than so much later thrash, even thrash that was more aggressive. I don't know how you both define raw though.

I've been listening to thrash for a decade and a half, so yeah, I know plenty of thrash, and I totally think that Metallica in the Kill Em All portion of their career, which includes "Am I Evil", is thrash at its most raw. I think early 80s metal in general was way more raw than so much later thrash, even thrash that was more aggressive. I don't know how you both define raw though.
I totally think that Metallica in the Kill Em All portion of their career, which includes "Am I Evil", is thrash at its most raw.
thrash at its most raw.

seriously-meme-1.png.png

Reactions: CiG
*sigh*

Nothin but bitches on this site. I'm gonna have to find trannies with nice boob jobs elsewhere.

The fuck they weren't. They were right on the dividing line between early 80s proto-thrash and actual thrash.