Melodic death Metal

I don't think they're progressive...they have long songs sometimes but the arrangements aren't progressive...just long. Lost Reality, for instance, is an AWESOME, emotional and epic fucking song, but the arrangement is pretty typical.

In Flames Lunar strain, jester race, whoracle and colony are the best albums of In Flames IMO but Come clarity and the new one doesn't do it for me, as for Dark Tranquillity I like all their albums of course At the gates is one of the true pioneer bands in melodic death metal

I like In Flames, Arch Enemy, and Carcass, but I've yet to get any melodic death metal albums yet.

Get:
Carcass - Heartwork
At The Gates - The Red In The Sky Is Ours, Slaughter Of The Soul
In Flames - Lunar Strain, The Jester Race
Dark Tranquility - Skydancer, The Gallery
Arch Enemy - Burning Bridges
Amon Amarth - Once Sent From The Golden Hall
Dismember - Like An Ever Flowing Stream

Does Dethklok count as MDM?? I think so. That's really the only band I listen to that counts as MD. Besides Lykathea Aflame.

I consider it to be fucking shit and anyone who actually likes it should be pushed in front of an on-coming train.

This except that thunderhorse was really fun once.

So lately I'm thinking Dark Tranquility's Fiction is pretty overrated. Good album, but I see shitloads of praise for it - way more than for The Gallery - and I don't understand.

In Flames Lunar strain, jester race, whoracle and colony are the best albums of In Flames IMO but Come clarity and the new one doesn't do it for me,

Not a fan of Clayman?

Ive somehow gone and lost my copy of that but luckily I ripped it one here soc an still listen till I get round to re buying it.