Metal In the Mainstream

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
It's a strange world when you hear John Madden talking over the top of Crazy Train.
At this point, Crazy Train might as well be a Budweiser jingle. Not that I'm a huge Ozzy fan, but that song has been completely castrated through corporate abuse and has lost all appeal.

Zod

General Zod said:
At this point, Crazy Train might as well be a Budweiser jingle. Not that I'm a huge Ozzy fan, but that song has been completely castrated through corporate abuse and has lost all appeal.

Zod

I agree with you. I'm not a big fan of Ozzy himself, but I've always enjoyed his guitarist. Jake E. Lee being my favorite, but not any better than the others.

eppst1 said:
How about during Talladega Nights, during the big race scene at the end of the movie, they play Silent Scream by Sepultura. That about blew me out of my seat.

Sepultura songs in the movie were:

Desperate Cry
Inner Self

the Adam Sandler movie little nicky had some references to Van Halen and Ozzy and a bunch of posters in his room, if that passes criteria for this thread. Remember that awful B horror movie in the 80's called "Shock'Em Dead"?

General Zod said:
Can't argue with you there! But if you asked John Madden if he ever listened to Ozzy Obsbourne, you'd probably get a blank stare as he's not even aware that he's been listening to a guy that once decapitated winged mammals with his teeth. :D

General Zod said:

Zod

I agree. Seems like when a car company latches on to metal it abuses the music and thus looses all appeal..Such as Cadi with Led Zep and Judas Priest was used I think for both car and hamburgers. Both bands still are great though.

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
Can't argue with you there! But if you asked John Madden if he ever listened to Ozzy Obsbourne, you'd probably get a blank stare as he's not even aware that he's been listening to a guy that once decapitated winged mammals with his teeth. :D
LOL. I might have disagreed with you before Ozzy became a pop icon with his TV show.

Zod

Entrerie said:
the Adam Sandler movie little nicky had some references to Van Halen and Ozzy and a bunch of posters in his room, if that passes criteria for this thread. Remember that awful B horror movie in the 80's called "Shock'Em Dead"?

Adam Sandler be it metal or not has kept the flame going in most of his movies.

Just look at horror movies btw. They tend to have metal.

Such as In Flames in Freddy versus Jason.

I remember watching Criminal Minds and hearing the Opeth song - I shot straight up and screamed a little in excitement. The brother in "Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead" is a metalhead with Metallica, Iron Maiden, and Megadeath shirts and posters. He was so stereotypical and it was so funny!
Oh! There was some CSI episode right around Rob Zombie's "Educated Horses" release where some dude who owned a business cleaning up blood after murders played "American Witch" in his office.

Just finished watching "Feast" (you know, that Project Greenlight horror movie) and it had Skid Row's song New Generation off the Thickskin cd.

...by the way it turned out to be a killer flick! (no pun intended)
:Smokin:

Also on the MTV...back in the day they used to use the bass riff for Peace Sells to open and close MTV News.

chrisrules895 said:
Also on the MTV...back in the day they used to use the bass riff for Peace Sells to open and close MTV News.

I just jumped on here to point that out. :kickass:

Also, Armored Saint makes an appearance in one of the Hellraiser videos, with John Bush getting a little bit after the band appears. Also, the credits of said movie have a scene where Lemmy screams "HELLRAISER!".

In the first Ace Ventura movie - Cannibal Corpse is featured when Carrey goes to this club, they show CC playing for 1-2 mins solid, then their playing in the background.

Also, in the NBA finals a couple years ago - Pistons v. Spurs, the Spurs intro song was Nightwish - Planet Hell, and I heard Overture 1928 by DT as the cut music before a commercial. That was nizzle. I pretty much crapped myself when I heard the spurs being announced with NIGHTWISH blaring in the arena and on TV's nationwide.

Reactions: tsorl