Helstar - Baptized In Blood - 7
listenable

The Chasm - Revenge Rises/Drowned In The Mournful Blood - 8
badass except the silly high pitched squeals

Morbid Angel - Blood On My Hands - 10
this is the shit

Judas Priest - Blood Red Skies - 9
epic

Only 8 sets of ratings for this so far. I know this version of the game is less popular but it'd be nice to get a few more if possible.

Witchaven - The Golden Rings Of Blood
i really like the guitar tone here especially at the start, has that kind of spare, angular, introspective thing going on that i'd usually associate more with NWOBHM. i'm also a sucker for verses with lengthy phrasing that takes its time resolving, and these noodlings at the verse ends work for me big time too. the slower BM *chorus* is a little generic, but it doesn't last long before quickly exploding into a really lovely cathartic solo and subsequent melody (who the fuck is that reminding me of?). always nice when a BM tune doesn't outstay its welcome, too. one of the better things i've heard in these games by a band i'd never heard before. 8/10

Bathory - Blood Fire Death
i just love that stirring, deliberate, earthy sound quorthon started to peddle in with this album's bookends and subsequent releases, even at times when the songwriting is dubious. it totally bridges mid-'80s epic trad and '90s BM (the part at 2:30-3:00 is so manowar it hurts btw), embodying the qualities which overlap both eras. i do think this one goes on a bit unnecessarily long without developing enough to justify it, and i prefer 'a fine day to die', but it's classic. 8/10

At The Gates - Night Comes, Blood Black
to reiterate, i don't think this is one of the better songs on TRITSIO, an album i worship. still, it more or less captures what they were about. some of the most original DM i've heard, with complex yet intuitive musicianship and a vivid, palpable atmosphere. this is dark, intense, psychologically violent music with breathtaking sprinklings of cathartic emotion. most bands sound so goofy and cartoonish in comparison, including many of the classics. 9/10

Slauter Xstroyes - Blood In The Streets
aside from the fabulously nutty WINTER KILL they're one of my deaf spots! like some of that album i find this pretty disjointed with too many jarring transitions, but maybe it'll make more sense when i familiarise myself. i love everything about the actual instrumentation and vocals, and the way it starts out sounding like fucking EVIL INVADERS or something. probably a superficial comparison but some parts remind me of confessor, too. 7/10

Suffocation - Thrones of Blood
i prefer their earlier material, more fluid and subtle. it's aight though. 6/10

Hail Spirit Noir - Blood Guru
omg, it's oi magoi. stop wasting my satan. 4/10

Exodus - Bonded By Blood
again not one of the stronger songs on the album - i prefer the more demonic material to the more anthemic posturing stuff. still sick though, all time top 3 thrash vocalist + top 3 thrash riffing style = win. 8/10

Helstar - Baptized In Blood
actually might be the first USPM song i ever fell in love with. yeah it's direct and streamlined compared to some other helstar stuff, but so's your face. there's so much focus and force and personality driving this, it never misses a step and gives me a massive fucking adrenaline rush. they sound like such a badass, iconic band here. i wish you picked the youtube with the intro attached though because that enhances it. 10/10

The Chasm - Revenge Rises/Drowned In The Mournful Blood
speaking of adrenaline rushes, that intro alone is better than any of us will achieve with our measly excuses for lives - the way it builds and explodes is unlike anything else i've ever heard. obviously their overall style has its influences, but i don't know of anyone who writes melodies quite like they did on this album (later they became more repetitive and formulaic) nor composes these winding classical-tinged song structures revolving around key melodic and rhythmic ideas, and i think it explores unique moods while still flowing beautifully once you've heard it a few times. it's a totally fucking exhilarating vocal performance too, drummer fills in all the right places, the production is a little boxed in especially compared to their most recent stuff but the actual sound of the instruments is perfect (the recent remaster sounded good when i not very attentively listened to it). such a mystical, arcane atmosphere they conjure. this isn't even one of the best songs on here. 10/10

Morbid Angel - Blood On My Hands
i need to break COVENANT out again because i like this band a lot more than i used to. love the tightly controlled, busy drumming that trips over itself at points. 9/10

Judas Priest - Blood Red Skies

halford owns the shit out of this gloriously '80s nonsense. 6/10

7/10

9/10

8/10

7/10

6/10

8/10

Exodus - Bonded By Blood
6.5/10

8/10

8/10

Morbid Angel - Blood On My Hands
8.5/10

7.5/10

Alright so I'm gonna run this at work and at least get some numbers tonight if not reviews

Reactions: CiG
I'm legitimately rating this right now, got outta hell early. And trying out a new review style.

Reactions: Caecius
I'm kinda following a formula with each review for a sense of cohesion. Or increasing chaos, depending how well you can decipher my metaphors.

7.5/10

If this were the blood of something, it'd be the blood of a goth football player who only makes the team every year because he's actually pretty good. Simple in mind and soul, but ultimately interesting on the field because he's wearing a bunch of egyptian jewelry and cries when they lose.

8/10

If blood of something this were, blood of homeless werewolf mid-transformation it would be. During a forest fire, naturally. A really druidic and ceremonial forest fire.
Actually he himself is on FIIIIIIAAAAAHHHHHHH! AND SOMETHING IS FUCKING DYING TONIGHT!

2/10

Seriously this isn't even the blood of anything, it's the leftover plasma from a really boring scab that you didn't even get in a cool way. You were just wandering around in pitch black night, fucking again, and tripped your stupid ass over something stupid then stubbed your stupid toe and growled about it.

5.5/10

Okay so like... if this song were something's blood.... it'd be an aging rocker trying to emulate his idols even though he's got the beetus and the high notes are really just his wheezing. Good at a crowded bar as background noise.

6/10

IF. THIS. SONG. BECAME BLOOD. OF SOMEONE OR SOMETHING..... it'd be the king who never actually goes to war. That guy who won his title by being a badass but became a fat lazy slob blubbering orders and pseudo-brutality at court jesters pissing themselves.

8/10

I saw in my mind's eye a vial. And inside it... was a certain substance.
It was blood.
And this blood was labeled as such: acid-tripping surfer dude wandering around a carnival trying to find his goddamn board. Oh yeah, and he's a fucking vampire. He is also FUCKING a vampire. This track is a little gay, but just enough to be fabulous. It's basically if the movie Lost Boys was done with more surfers instead of bikers.

Exodus - Bonded By Blood
4/10

Imagine you found a drunk guy ranting about something stupid. He's with another drunk guy. They're best friends forever. They hate women, sobreity, and stopping. They just fucking. hate. stopping. anything. So you chainsawed both of them in half then sewed them together so they'd just stop, and stfu. This is the blood that would pour from their wounds. Entertaining and a little heartwarming but also a little annoying.

7.5/10

So once upon a time there was a dude. He wore a cape everywhere and did not give a fuck about anything except using this tone of voice. He talked like this. He sang like this. He thought like this. He even ate like this, he serenaded his fucking sandwiches in this voice. Until the day came where he got a chick pregnant and that voice finally cracked. This song would be the visceral afterbirth blood of his girlfriend, and the visceral afterwards of his life when he could only use this voice while singing because it might wake the baby and he wears a suit now. Very sad. The end.

8/10

You ever catch your dick in your zipper? Pure agony and throwing shit, right? This song is your dick blood. It's masculine and interesting, and even though every dick has it, it's not seen very often because that bullshit hurts so nobody WANTS to see it. EVER. In their own home. But they'd definitely pay to see it elsewhere because what a good time.

Morbid Angel - Blood on my Hands
6/10

That scene in Poltergeist, with the pit of dead shit and the swimming through that nasty soil water and stuff. Yeah, if that was like some motherfucking blood instead, that'd be this track. You can't touch the bottom. The stench is strong. There's weird vestiges grabbing at you from beneath, behind, and beside. It's thrilling but eventually you're kinda just like dude, duuuuude, I'm sick of swimming now please get me a towel. Oh for fuck's sake, it's on my hands and everything else, gross.

6/10

You know he's gay? This song he lets all that shit out. I'd imagine he was listening to Kenny Loggins right before it was recorded and maybe spreading his arms out to the dying sunset wishing he was a pilot too. He wants the danger zone. He wants it all the way. So much that he'd slash both wrists and flap his arms into the sky in an attempt to join aircraft but instead painted his blood all over the horizon.

I've read some of your other stuff, it sounded normal. This just sounded frigging goofy. "You're boring" Debatable. "Your taste in music is shit" Calling my taste in music shit when you're not even privy to the vast majority of what I listen to. 10/10. "...and I fucked your mother." Carpe is confirmed to be a necrophiliac.