MJR's opinion about nu-metal

In fact... let me go ahead and elaborate on my last comment.

Here in america, we have one of the worst educational systems of just about (i'd wager anyway) any developed country. I honestly believe that the reason for this is instead of going at a reasonable pace and helping those who need extra assistance in some other time or way, they take everyone else's time to go at the slowest student's speed. This makes everyone dumber and is a waste of time for those who get it right away.

Personally, i see no need to dumb things down and drag them out. Especially on a board of self-congratulating "intelligent people" who listen to "intelligent music". You (you = this board as a whole), if anyone, should be able to keep up with this stuff without being nitpicky or bitchy.

Teh end.

And nu-metal sucks.

Reactions: Krakatau
Taliwakker said:
SR wrote

Charis...u obviously miss the point of the song...its all about my heavenly b/g vocal harmonies and god like guitar solo....:)
As for Dave/Fabio...he doesn't belt it out Russell Allen style anywhere that i can think of.....i'll send you some links for the other 5 songs we have later on and you can judge for yourself.

:lol: was that you in the BG? the guitar solo was pretty sweet.. and maybe he should start belting it out russ style.. :p

In fact... let me go ahead and elaborate on my last comment.

Here in america, we have one of the worst educational systems of just about (i'd wager anyway) any developed country. I honestly believe that the reason for this is instead of going at a reasonable pace and helping those who need extra assistance in some other time or way, they take everyone else's time to go at the slowest student's speed. This makes everyone dumber and is a waste of time for those who get it right away.

Personally, i see no need to dumb things down and drag them out. Especially on a board of self-congratulating "intelligent people" who listen to "intelligent music". You (you = this board as a whole), if anyone, should be able to keep up with this stuff without being nitpicky or bitchy.

Teh end.

And nu-metal sucks.

its not the end actually, you've only made an argument i've already put down...

you say its a waste of time to give any more detail than to say "nu-metal sucks" as a general statement, bu it hardly takes any more time at all to say, "All the nu-metal i've heard sucked"

you get me? its hardly a worthy short cut if only half the people make it there. and its not much of a short cut anyway.

besides, how does someone coming in here and posting simply "nu-metal sucks" actually teach the ones who understand its a generalization anyway? If it has no explanation as to why it sucks, then those same people who are smart enough to know its a generalization will assign the comment little to know value whatsoever. we don't need 12 poeple to come in and repeat that... its like the people who repeat the punchlines of videos on youtube and say nothing else in their comments... utterly useless.

First of all, it's 4chan memes. Not youtube ;) The people who are meant to get it certainly do. If you feel left out, go to 4chan and lurk moar, though i can guarantee it will destroy your world. :lol:

Second, in general i agree with you that discussion is great, but there are situations where generalizations and stating an opinion without having to say "this is only my opinion LOLZ!!11!" is fine too. Specifically with the topic of nu-metal, there's no need to elaborate. If you would like me to elaborate on "Nu-metal sucks", then i will. here you go:

ALL nu-metal sucks.

It also goes back to being intelligent enough to realize that's an opinion, and you're perfectly free to take it or leave it. If you are interested in the details of my history with nu-metal and the intricate ins and outs of why i hate nu-metal, go ahead and ask to elaborate. However, i think that comment (see above) actually sums up my feelings quite nicely without saying "You know, fuck I hate nu-metal WITH THE EXCEPTION of the part at 2:34 in that korn song where they have that sweet guitar melody"... no, fuck that. Not gonna do it. And no, i'm not going to say "all the nu-metal i've heard sucks" because i don't believe that nu-metal exists that i would enjoy, and i'm certainly not going to make concessions for one person on the internet who is nitpicking at a 4 year old topic.

I didn't make the same argument as you either. I'm saying that in the equation of 5-x=2, x=3 and moving on. You are saying that retard joe in the back corner doesn't understand why x=3, so we have to take an hour of the classes time describing exactly why x=3, finding visuals to illustrate that x does, in fact, equal 3, going into hypothetical situations in which x may not equal 3 by drastically changing the nature of the original equation, and explaining obvious things such as X=3 now and X most certainly will equal 3 at some point in the future, but it is very likely that X will equal things other than 3 at some point in the future. That's tiresome.

wow you guys just arn't getting my point at all...

zach

i'm not even nitpicking so much at the topic as i am at your close minded approach to forming opinions. You have states that all nu-metal sucks, even the good melodies suck because they are associated with nu-metal... that is immature thinking man.

shredhead is simply judging books by their cover, silent realm gave up on the conversation ages ago, and yet still finds time to respond, and people have started taking away rep points from me because I make a valid argument... wow...

anyways, if you guys want to converse, feel free to continue, I like to have intelligent discussions that sometimes include long, well thought out posts. If you do not want to partake, fine, that's obviously your right to choose, but everyone seems to be turning on me for no reason and pretty much ignoring my main points only to repeat their erroneous statements and approaches... oh well... sucks to intelligent forum discussion.

zach

i'm not even nitpicking so much at the topic as i am at your close minded approach to forming opinions. You have states that all nu-metal sucks, even the good melodies suck because they are associated with nu-metal... that is immature thinking man.

shredhead is simply judging books by their cover, silent realm gave up on the conversation ages ago, and yet still finds time to respond, and people have started taking away rep points from me because I make a valid argument... wow...

anyways, if you guys want to converse, feel free to continue, I like to have intelligent discussions that sometimes include long, well thought out posts. If you do not want to partake, fine, that's obviously your right to choose, but everyone seems to be turning on me for no reason and pretty much ignoring my main points only to repeat their erroneous statements and approaches... oh well... sucks to intelligent forum discussion.

This forum has been wierd lately. It's pissin me off.

Reactions: PoisonSeed
This is getting on my nerves, every time somebody has a different opinion there's always the whole "I know it's your opinion blah blah blah" or "I'm entitled to my opinion yak blah fdljhsdlhs" You know what? Fuck that. From now on I'm stating my opinion without having to justify it.

Metalcore sucks.

This is getting on my nerves, every time somebody has a different opinion there's always the whole "I know it's your opinion blah blah blah" or "I'm entitled to my opinion yak blah fdljhsdlhs" You know what? Fuck that. From now on I'm stating my opinion without having to justify it.

Metalcore sucks.

having to state that opinion is entitled is indeed totally pointless.

Ray wrote
I like to have intelligent discussions that sometimes include long, well thought out posts.

well you've got the long part happening.

You are being nitpicky about people making generalisations about "Nu-Metal", a term which itself is a generalisation....it doesn't warrant essay length discussions or replies....those should be reserved for more important issues like "Romeo vs Petrucci".

zach

really? Because maybe your screen is different, but here's what i see on mine:

forumpost.png

This is the key part we should be focusing on...

forumpost2.png

And again, refocusing...

forumpost3.png

Oh, i see something key...

forumpost4.png

By the way, don't overlook the awesomeness...

forumpost5.png

Fucking win. Anyway, back to the topic at hand. key phrase:

forumpost6.png

...And key word...

forumpost7.png

Just ask and i can make it clearer if need be... i understand the zoom is a bit blurry.