MJR's opinion about nu-metal

This is getting on my nerves, every time somebody has a different opinion there's always the whole "I know it's your opinion blah blah blah" or "I'm entitled to my opinion yak blah fdljhsdlhs" You know what? Fuck that. From now on I'm stating my opinion without having to justify it.

Metalcore sucks.

NO IT DOESNTT LIAR! YOUR OPINION IS WRONG SO STFU LOL WTF!!

!

!

Ray wrote

well you've got the long part happening.

You are being nitpicky about people making generalisations about "Nu-Metal", a term which itself is a generalisation....it doesn't warrant essay length discussions or replies....those should be reserved for more important issues like "Romeo vs Petrucci".

Now on that, IMO John Petrucci...

:lol:

Much more important! :kickass:

@ ray - why do you have to keep going man.. just LET IT GO! ill stop responding to you over this when you just let the whole thing die.. die in a burning hell like all 'good' nu-metal should!

@ zach - Agalloch = :worship:

@ ray - why do you have to keep going man.. just LET IT GO! ill stop responding to you over this when you just let the whole thing die.. die in a burning hell like all 'good' nu-metal should!

you're right, everyone loves a good flame war, and thats exactly what you get when you make an over generalized statement such as "nu-metal sucks"

and zach, yes nu-metal is a generalization in its own way, which is why it encompusses many bands with varying style and artistic ability which further enforces the negative effects of negative statements about nu-metal in general. and its not the zoom thats blurry, its just your arguments.

now to really answer your question SR, i'll stop going when i stop finding legitimate arguments to make. I don't see what poking around the outside of this conversation does for you other than you just want to "win", but you seem otherwise not involved.

"All nu-metal I've heard sucks" ...
So you're asking me to dig through thick massive layers of pure shit in hope of finding one or two little gems which are going to be fully covered in shit anyway?
stop playing with words man, I mean when someone says "nu-metal sucks" he's of course referring to the nu-metal he have had the opportunity to hear, not what he haven't heard.

ma gawd

oh, ALL numetal sucks - Including what I haven't heard

and zach, yes nu-metal is a generalization in its own way, which is why it encompusses many bands with varying style and artistic ability which further enforces the negative effects of negative statements about nu-metal in general. and its not the zoom thats blurry, its just your arguments.

You are being nitpicky about people making generalisations about "Nu-Metal", a term which itself is a generalisation....

Oh my god, i just won so hard that i think i came.

Seriously, besides combining two different arguements, it still changes nothing. The reason nu-metal sucks is because it is BY DEFINITION (and before you go nitpicking about ZOMG TEHRZ NO OFFISHUL DEFANISHUN!!!!11! just stop and all that) music with lyrics that focus mainly on angsty emo bullshit, but just angrier. The music is often downtuned, simplistic chugging riffs with little to no lead guitar and melodies that have more to do with pop music than anything else. Is simplicity bad? No. Is pop musi....

Ohhhhhhh dude, you ALMOST got me :lol: There i was about to go explaining my position of nu-metal and you ALMOST GOT ME! You crafty bugger! wait wait, there's a point in there somewhere... let me backtrack a bit before i started getting into my opinion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nu_metal

Look fun to you? how about this list of bands:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nu_metal_musical_groups

You can listen to whatever you want and that's cool, but there's nothing wrong with me taking my knowledge of nu metal and what it encompasses and stating that, based on these things which i know and have experienced, that there is no nu metal that interests me.

You have states that all nu-metal sucks, even the good melodies suck because they are associated with nu-metal... that is immature thinking man.

No, wrong. i mean, you're right about the first part and the melodies sucking because of association, but wrong about immature thinking. It has to do with many things, including most of all, time management. Give me one good reason why i should waste my time on a form of music that i think sucks when there is SO MUCh music out there (even in my collection) that i know i will enjoy no matter what mood i'm in? Why settle for less when i have the cream of the crop at my disposal? I still look for new bands constantly. In fact, i write reviews for a webzine in my spare time. That's not saying my oppinions are more valid, but that i hear a lot of music and most of it is shit. I have no time to sift through stuff i know i won't like in the off chance that there's something good. Therefore, saying it sucks is acceptable.

Personally, with the review writing, if something sucks i have to say why. It's just good journalism. It would be bad journalism to say "this sucks, goodbye". However, i'm not writing a review on this forum. Saying "nu-metal sucks" in your opinion is not a discussion, but to me it is the only valid point i have in the discussion. I don't like it. Thhhheeeee EEEeeeennnnnnddddd

this is getting redundant. I'm making all the same points over and over again with different examples. I really don't know how to make it any clearer to you, and you are the only one who seems to be having trouble with this concept. Have fun sitting in the back of the class with retard joe, see the teacher after class for further instruction on the subject matter. The rest of the class is moving on.

Reactions: OfSinsAndShred
@ ray - i dont put forth arguments for you because i CANT BE BOTHERED! still it is fun to watch you run yourself in circles..

Zach said:

his is getting redundant. I'm making all the same points over and over again with different examples. I really don't know how to make it any clearer to you, and you are the only one who seems to be having trouble with this concept.

GETTING redundant? this was redundant several pages ago :lol:

i still dont see the point in arguing about it all..arent we all entitled to our opinions, regardless of whether or not someone else agrees with them? if you want to make it your personal mission to 'enlighten' others on the path that is nu-metal so be it, there just wont be any potential converts here..

and if some of you want to call us 'closed minded' because we dont fully embrace the crap, good for you.. im happy being closed minded if it means not having to listen to it..

No dude, this turned out to me the most eeepppiiiiicccc necropost i've ever seen, so congrats are in order to you my finnish friend!!!

Honestly, i think everyone else is getting more worked up than i am. my long ass essay posts are more due to me having a half hour before work to kill rather than caring. Though the point is valid that i don't want to have to feel bad or justify it every time i make a post simply stating "nu metal sucks" or "this genre sucks" or "that kind of movie sucks". Generalizations are most deff. FTW.

Reactions: crapola