most overrated band in the history of forever?

Ass-sucking is an equal-opportunity concept that favors no one genre (with the possible exception of rap)

This is what turned a perfectly sensible post into a ridiculous one.
Every once in a while, try sucking your head out of that enormous bucket of sand you carry with you wherever you go and DARE to check out something different for a change! Challenge yourself every now and then, you may just surprise yourself...
Irony is a bitch, huh?

This is what turned a perfectly sensible post into a ridiculous one.

Irony is a bitch, huh?

Notice I didn't say all rap sucks, just a vastly disproportionate amount of it. Still, sorry if I dissed yo flow, playa...

As for the irony, well... it certainly is a bitch at times, kinda like lack of comprehension. It's all good in da hood, though, g, you still gangsta! lol

NIRVANA!
They suck like nothing that has sucked before, yet they are considered to be cool!
Soulless fake shit!

Is anyone else sick of myopic, pusillanimous poltroons who think they're being all hard and dark by farting out witless inanities like "anything commercial is overrated"? I mean, why not just walk around 24/7 with a giant, neon "Jackass" sign flashing above your head?! It's the only possible way of outing yourself as an utter fucktard any quicker!

Still, I suppose I really should pity dolts like this rather than loathe them. After all, they're the ones who have to stumble through life missing out on soooooo much cool shit just so they can prove to the world how much more "metal" they are than anyone else! Pheeeeuuuuwwww... :puke:

This just in, zippy, fucking phenomenal, so-called "commercial music" (taking your definition of "commercial" to mean anything with the merest suggestion of melody that's sold more than a hundred copies) is all around us, and has greatly influenced most of the musicians you purport to admire. Mikael loves stuff like Vangelis and the Scorpions, for crissakes, as well as the Beatles! Freakin' RECOGNIZE already! Of course, there's no shortage of "commercial" :rolleyes: music that truly sucks ass, just as there's definitely no shortage of lame-ass death metal. Ass-sucking is an equal-opportunity concept that favors no one genre (with the possible exception of rap). Every once in a while, try sucking your head out of that enormous bucket of sand you carry with you wherever you go and DARE to check out something different for a change! Challenge yourself every now and then, you may just surprise yourself... or not. :Smug:!
*thumbsup*

Contenders for me:

Radiohead
Nirvana
The Stones
Enslaved
Iron Maiden
Guns N Roses
Aerosmith
KISS

Just because I think they're overrated doesn't mean I don't like them (although that's mostly true of the last 4).

Radiohead is good, but only that. In a less fucked up world, Porcupine Tree would be in Radiohead's place, and Radiohead would be in the depths of obscurity, probably giving up because their fanbase was so small.

Nirvana, again good, possibly great. Probably my least favorite grunge band, however.

The Stones I've actually come to like a lot more lately. Still overrated IMO.

I never really understood what the big deal about Enslaved was. I've got Monumension, Below the Lights, ISA and Ruun, and I've given them more than a fair share of listens. Good, but again, not that good IMO.

Iron Maiden sucks. I said it. Power metal in general sucks.

Guns N Roses sucks too, but I don't think there's much of a need to argue this point.

Aerosmith also sucks. All of it.

And KISS, okay I'll admit - I haven't listened to much of, but I basically assume they suck based on the little bit I have heard, and I'm pretty sure I'm right.

I'm also going to add Black Sabbath, everything post-Ozzy. They went from awesome and totally kickass to just another 80s hard rock/metal band with a shitty wailing vocalist.

And I'm going to add Camel from 1977 on. I'm a big fan of their first 4 albums, but everything after that is absolute shit.

And of course there's obvious ones like Backstreet Boys, N Sync, Britney Spears, and etc., Children of Bodom, Cradle of Filth...I can't really think of any more, but I know there's plenty.

I can't believe that people would really include Tool in here, in some ways to me they are superior to Opeth...

Probably Rolling Stones, they pretty much suck and yet they are one of the highest regarded bands in rock music.