most overrated band in the history of forever?

Is anyone else sick of myopic, pusillanimous poltroons who think they're being all hard and dark by farting out witless inanities like "anything commercial is overrated"? I mean, why not just walk around 24/7 with a giant, neon "Jackass" sign flashing above your head?! It's the only possible way of outing yourself as an utter fucktard any quicker!

Still, I suppose I really should pity dolts like this rather than loathe them. After all, they're the ones who have to stumble through life missing out on soooooo much cool shit just so they can prove to the world how much more "metal" they are than anyone else! Pheeeeuuuuwwww... :puke:

This just in, zippy, fucking phenomenal, so-called "commercial music" (taking your definition of "commercial" to mean anything with the merest suggestion of melody that's sold more than a hundred copies) is all around us, and has greatly influenced most of the musicians you purport to admire. Mikael loves stuff like Vangelis and the Scorpions, for crissakes, as well as the Beatles! Freakin' RECOGNIZE already! Of course, there's no shortage of "commercial" :rolleyes: music that truly sucks ass, just as there's definitely no shortage of lame-ass death metal. Ass-sucking is an equal-opportunity concept that favors no one genre (with the possible exception of rap). Every once in a while, try sucking your head out of that enormous bucket of sand you carry with you wherever you go and DARE to check out something different for a change! Challenge yourself every now and then, you may just surprise yourself... or not. :Smug:

This said, NO band in history has ever been more publicly and critically overrated than Nirvana. Comparisons after his death of Cobain to John Lennon are as fucked up as comparing a blowjob from Jessica Alba to a jackboot to the junk from Hillary Clinton!

Well said. It kind of reminds me of people who only drink Budweiser where I live, they can't for the life of them step out of their little box and have an open mind about something.

I'll admit it right here and now that I like Coldplay. I know a lot of people think they are gay but for some reason I like them, not for the same reasons as I like other bands but still. I used to despise them until I gave them a chance.

When it comes to mainstream music there are bands who are big because they actually are decent and there are bands that are good because they have club hits or they are just a trend.

Lets face it, the majority of people out there are sheep and just follow the herd.

They are, but at the same time, they aren't. Hell Awaits and South of Heaven have got to be two of the most underrated albums in metal history. That being said, I understand if you meant from Seasons in the Abyss on. Everyone talks about how great it is, but imo Dead Skin Mask has to be one of the worst Slayer songs of all time. Even worse than shitsuckers like Eyes of the Insane and Exile.