NEVERMORE

It's a masterpiece, and my first impression of the production is that it's the best sounding Nevermore album out there. Especially the rhythm guitars and snare are godly.

Can't say I'm a huge fan of this yet, it doesn't groove like DHIADW or EOR, and doesn't seem to smack you in the face like TGE does IMO of course. At this point I seem to hear it as a bunch of left over riffs from Loomis' solo album, with Warrel on top. Maybe I need to give it more time to grow on me.

Yes, musically, I was also expecting something more. I wasn't the biggest fan of their previous album but it had 2-3 amazing songs (born,final product, psalm of lydia), the only song that stands out from this new one is "she comes in colors" and then there are only bits and pieces that are awesome but overall nothing impressive. I was also really excited over the title track when I heard the instrumental version but Dane's vocals ruined it for me.

Yeah I love this album but Warrels vocals on the title track sound off, especially in the harmony lines.

m/ to the rest though!

It´s a bit weird, indeed. It seems he wanna enhance the western scale with some tones of the eastern/orient scale, what has some more semitones or call it quarter tones :lol: Anyway, on this song he exaggerated it a bit.

My faves (10/10): "The Blue Marble" (nice Tiamat vibes), "Without Morals" and "She comes in colours"(very tasteful and soulful leads).

Sec. faves (9/10): "The Termination Proclamation" (great opener with outstanding riffing) "And the Maiden spoke" (funny lyrics about a ghost living in Andy Sneap´s farm btw)

NEVERMOOOOORE!
I hope this evening my CD store receive the album.

I've listened to the album via Youtube, and Moonrise and Emptyness Unosbstructed are my favs.

Can't tell anything about production cause Youtube is not the best way to listen to a record.

Emptiness Unobstructed has seriously one of the best hooks I've heard in a damned long time.

I was already hooked to that (pun intended) even when I first heard an excerpt that Warrel recorded with his iPhone mic next to the control room. :lol:

It's quite similar to his (awesome) solo tracks.

I was also really excited over the title track when I heard the instrumental version but Dane's vocals ruined it for me.

^This. I don't think I've ever been so disappointed in Warrel's vocals. I don't know if it was rushed or something. A few of the sections work pretty well, but mostly it just doesn't. It's even worse that it's the title track and last song on the record, unless of course you have the bonus track version. I think I'll have to just stick the instrumental version there instead when I rip it to MP3s.

On the other side Emptiness Unobstructed is just :worship:and Warrel is in every respect superb.

The whole record feels like a 7/10 songwise at this moment. More spins and it might go to 8/10.

For me the album clearly is a 9/10. Test of time will show, what status it´ll have in the collection of Nevermore Masterpieces. In my opinion this album will be classified, of course! It´s a difficult album, indeed! and we´ll never understand what the hell Warrel did with the title track, but one thing is crystal clear - It´s a strong album! The production & the mix, the lyrics, the awesome artwork..it´s all so phantastic :worship:

Nevermore is one of those bands which albums are not easy to fall in love at the first sight, but the more you listen, the more you like it. And you can listen to the album over and over again.

I prefer those kind of albums instead of many others that are very catchy in the first audition but in a couple of weeks you get bored.

Nevermore is one of those bands which albums are not easy to fall in love at the first sight, but the more you listen, the more you like it. And you can listen to the album over and over again.

I prefer those kind of albums instead of many others that are very catchy in the first audition but in a couple of weeks you get bored.

Totally agree, Jevil :headbang:

IMO that's true for nevermore as a band in general. It took me quite a while to really "like" them. But once I did and became familiar with their sound I had no problem realizing right from the start which songs I like and which I don't when listening to new material.