new opeth

nah i speak for myself. i don't even think the bandmembers like my taste of music in general, i think kent is an awesome band :D
nevermore is still after that statement one of my favourite metalbands btw :)

None of which sound anything like Opeth except perhaps Farmakon. Dragging songs out past ten minutes doesn't make Opeth original, it makes them fucking stupid. Same with Communic, and Moonsorrow. It leads to damn inconsistent content.

You're absolutely right sir, especially with Communic. That band is so damn good at times. They should just do a couple more direct songs like "Ocean Bed" that blow your head off rather than go endlessly progressive.

Agreed, everything pre-Ghost Reveries completely original! Name me one band whose written a song remotely close to The Drapery Falls?

I liked the addition of keys in the Lamentations DVD because they were subtle, and Per has a good voice to back up mike's. But then GR went completely overboard IMO. So far, from the 3 songs I've heard, the style is much better than GR, but still lacks the charm of the BWP/Still Life era (not excluding the other albums, but I like these the best.

If that was directed to me;
I never said their music wasn't original. I just don't want them to go back to what they've done before. Not because the stuff they did before wasn't good, no, the exact opposite, but every band must be progressive I think in changing their style/sound a little bit every album.