New Songs "DISCUSSION ONLY" thread

icon14.gif

The sample reminded me of Katatonia. Moonlapse went too far that fucker.

It's not like I owe him money.

This is different.

They're not bookshelves; they're studio monitors. Mann PMA6 is the model name. Mann is currently a fairly obscure Chinese manufacturer that makes quality professional gear at fractions of the prices of the US and European market. Bless their industry.

A Criminals cover would be pretty interesting.

A cover would be cool. Instead of "that fucker", Mikael should sing "that barber" because the barber went too far. With his moustache.

Moonlapse said:
They're not bookshelves; they're studio monitors. Mann PMA6 is the model name. Mann is currently a fairly obscure Chinese manufacturer that makes quality professional gear at fractions of the prices of the US and European market. Bless their industry.
Bookshelf monitors, then. ;) How are they connected...like what source and such? Nice to see some people using respectable hardware to listen to their music. Probably more than half of the kiddies here use generic labtec or altec lansing speakers.

Oh, and how much were they?

^ Pretty much. Which is why I'm also having a hard time coming to terms with all these low-quality rips of Opeth's music. I just wish people would stop doing it and wait for the album's release.

They're connected via a lead that's 1/8' stereo on one end and splits off to two 1/4' mono connectors on the other end. The 1/8' end goes into the stereo out of the soundcard and each of the 1/4' connectors go into 1/4' jacks on the monitors. The monitors also accept XLR cables.

The amazing part is the price. Whereas equivalent Alesis, Tannoy etc. etc. gear costs around $1,500 here, these only set me back around $300 AUD. I was comparing them to Genelecs in the store, which tend to go for over the 3 grand mark, and I felt that there was less coloration on these speakers. So, definately pleased with the purchase.

^ Agreed. :cry: :erk:

You Opeth should Opeth try Opeth the Opeth EMU Opeth soundcards Opeth from Opeth Creative Opeth or Opeth maybe Opeth even Opeth the Opeth Audigy 4. :hotjump: