• Jens Bogren

Votes: 47 23.4%
  • Steven Wilson

Votes: 128 63.7%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 26 12.9%

• Total voters
FRUGiHOYi said:
They didn't actually work on it for five years.

i know this. i know maynard took time to be with a perfect circle and so on. but when you are a fan of a band like tool, a band that side projects or not take 4-5 years in between albums, u expect that they have some good shit ready to go when they begin entering the studio or demoing out their material.

Lothlorien said:
i know this. i know maynard took time to be with a perfect circle and so on. but when you are a fan of a band like tool, a band that side projects or not take 4-5 years in between albums, u expect that they have some good shit ready to go when they begin entering the studio or demoing out their material.

I'm not trying to change your mind, but its just an opinion argument, so might as well leave it be.

Lothlorien said:
Yeah, they took forever to release Lateralus and it turned out to be a masterpiece so I expected something even better with 10K. Too bad this time they didn't deliver.

FRUGiHOYi said:
Yeah, they took forever to release Lateralus and it turned out to be a masterpiece so I expected something even better with 10K. Too bad this time they didn't deliver.

yeah i agree. i still like tool, im just not satisfied with their latest, and thats all i have to say about it.

Stimuli said:
I always felt the drums on GR sounded pretty lifeless and flat (despite the awesome playing of course... just the tone)

This has been my biggest flaw with GR!!!! for some reason i just hate the sound of the drums. albums like deliverance and still life have this big atmospheric sound to the drums. the drums on GR sound like they were played in a little closet. just my opinion but if "das vunderkid" gives the drums that sound on the next album then i dont think he's worth the vote.

TOOL has changed to meet the needs of TOOL. The production on this album is exactly what TOOL wanted. You may not like the songwriting, and that is your opinion, but the production of the album is the best that has ever been for any TOOL album.

In my opinion, this is the best album TOOL have crafted, and shows they want to play what they want to play, and still do it for the love of their music. 10k days is not the heaviest album that TOOL has, but that was not the goal of the album. That is the reason why most people do not like it. It is different from what they have done.

Mix

Lothlorien said:
This has been my biggest flaw with GR!!!! for some reason i just hate the sound of the drums. albums like deliverance and still life have this big atmospheric sound to the drums. the drums on GR sound like they were played in a little closet. just my opinion but if "das vunderkid" gives the drums that sound on the next album then i dont think he's worth the vote.

For Me it's the opposite. I prefer the drum sound from GR than the one on Deliverance. But nothing can beat the drum sound of My Arms , Your Hearse.

...I can see that some people are not impressed by the drum sound on that album, and to be honest i don't like it either. It was a compromise (my will against what the band thought they wanted), and on top of that pretty poor mastering.

I know this thread is old but though this quote would be useful. He's talking about the Ghost Reveries album.