Official GMD Photo/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the fuck do we in this generation give a motherfucking shit if the Earth is destroyed? We'll be LONG GONE by the time that happens, anyway. Do you really think after you die you look at the Earth from an omniscient perspective, watching and lamenting the destruction we've created ourselves?

No.

When we die, we are fucking DEAD. There is no perception.

Not if one is reincarnated, like I believe. I want for this world to remain beautiful for the future generations, and for me if I do come to be reincarnated back into it.

Did you roll your eyes at my comment that the world is not a living entity? If so, you're a fucking idiot, because the world is not a living entity. Things on it are alive. Subtle difference. And despite what you may believe, we're not stupid enough to fucking destroy the planet. The hippy agenda is vastly overexaggerating the "irreversible damage" we cause to the earth on a daily basis. There is no imminent threat to the world. The likely scenario will be that the earth lasts longer than the human race does.

EDIT: Nevermind you're a fucking idiot since you believe in reincarnation.

Necuratul said:
Did you roll your eyes at my comment that the world is not a living entity? If so, you're a fucking idiot, because the world is not a living entity. Things on it are alive. Subtle difference. And despite what you may believe, we're not stupid enough to fucking destroy the planet. The hippy agenda is vastly overexaggerating the "irreversible damage" we cause to the earth on a daily basis. There is no imminent threat to the world. The likely scenario will be that the earth lasts longer than the human race does.

EDIT: Nevermind you're a fucking idiot since you believe in reincarnation.

I rolled my eyes at the total lack of recognization of a metaphor. I know we are not stupid enough to outright kill our planet, but we are slowly destroying it. Nature is becoming less and less sacred in our world, and that just bothers me. As I said in my "we are killing it ..." post we are destroying rainforests, our ozone layer, etc etc.

Ex-cally-boo said:
Actually, I like to think that we do have a duty to this planet, it has housed us for so many thousands of years and we just come and destroy it. I'd rather us leave it for the sake of its preservation than ours.

Nature just has a certain beauty humans can never have.
We are a species, the Earth is our home, but as a species we need to be concerned with our own survival.
Krig: No shit about the old-as-fuck shitty space ships. We need to come up with a new god damned idea about space travel, and we need it soon. (When I say soon, I mean in the next 2 or 3 hundred years.)

Ender Rises said:
As an overall people, we are quite stupid, but that doesn't mean we should die and nothing gives you the right to pass judgement on the entire human race.

This is fun. :p

My superiority complex gives me all the rights I need. Well, it would if I had one, but in reality I have much more of an inferiority complex, but not really. I don't have a complex.

Anyways, I just feel that we as a race will continue down a self-destructive path even if we are to leave Earth for another place, and because of that we will slowly pollute other worlds. That is something HUMANITY AS A WHOLE does not have the right to do.

EDIT: Yes, this is fun.

Can you tell me of another sentient race we know of? Intelligence has a price: desire. Our desires cause us to take more than we need and that does harm our ecosystem. It wasn't our fault that we are intelligent, and while we do need to minimize our damage to our environment for our own damn sake, we don't need to fucking die. My point is: our survival is more important than our ecosystem, but we have to have a good ecosystem to survive.

Most of the forests we "destroy" these days are areas of trees grown explicitly for the purpose of cutting them down to use for production and other goods. We're not as stupid as you think, mang.

Ender Rises said:
Can you tell me of another sentient race we know of? Intelligence has a price: desire. Our desires cause us to take more than we need and that does harm our ecosystem. It wasn't our fault that we are intelligent, and while we do need to minimize our damage to our environment for our own damn sake, we don't need to fucking die. My point is: our survival is more important than our ecosystem, but we have to have a good ecosystem to survive.

I agree with the desire part, but I'll support natures survival before our race's survival.

Most of the forests we "destroy" these days are areas of trees grown explicitly for the purpose of cutting them down to use for production and other goods. We're not as stupid as you think, mang.

That does not excuse the cutting down of rainforests.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
WHO. GIVES. A. SHIT.

FUCK RIGHTS
FUCK RESPONSIBILITY
FUCK IT ALL

YOU DIE. YOU DIE. Think of that that means.

I give a shit. When I am reborn into this world I do not wish to live on a world any more destroyed than this one.

I die, I die MAYBE, but that is not what I believe, so I will continue to hope that this world can be preserved eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.