Official GMD Photo/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
V.V.V.V.V. said:
It's OK to care for your kids; it's a completely different thing to go on a rampage about saving the earth when you realize that once we die, we don't give a shit about our kids, their kids, or their kids' kids. WE ARE DEAD. We can't CARE, we can't LOVE, we can't FEEL.

Are you retarded? The very notion of caring about somebody else is non-egoistic so why the hell do you think that the fact that we won't CARE or LOVE or FEEL because we'll be DEAD is relevant? The fact that I'll be dead and thus unable to care about anything is entirely consistent and in fact irrelevant to the fact that I care now about how things will be in the future for OTHER PEOPLE, because I have a notion of caring about shit which involves the well-being of beings other than myself.

Cythraul said:
I don't know. Why do I care about people other than myself?

Because while you are alive, you like to benefit other people who are also alive and will (most likely) be alive throughout the entire span of time you are alive.

What I'm saying is, why should we try to save the earth for others? One day, we will be dead and we won't give a shit. We won't be able to regret it.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Because while you are alive, you like to benefit other people who are also alive and will (most likely) be alive throughout the entire span of time you are alive.

What I'm saying is, why should we try to save the earth for others? One day, we will be dead and we won't give a shit. We won't be able to regret it.

that is good argument.

Zephyrus said:
By the time we have the technology for the mass exploitation of extra-terrestrial resources it will be too late.

Face it, Earth is doomed. Mankind will slowly perish as the planet becomes unlivable by our own hands.
I doubt that, really. Look at the trend: in 1900 we were riding horses, in 2006 we are flying planes, and "exploring" space. If we ever get serious about space travel it won't be long before we can do it. Humankind can be quite inventive when our survival is at risk.

Cythraul said:
Are you retarded? The very notion of caring about somebody else is non-egoistic so why the hell do you think that the fact that we won't CARE or LOVE or FEEL because we'll be DEAD is relevant? The fact that I'll be dead and thus unable to care about anything is entirely consistent and in fact irrelevant to the fact that I care now about how things will be in the future for OTHER PEOPLE, because I have a notion of caring about shit which involves the well-being of beings other than myself.
What's that? Selflessness, caring about others? WHAT A FUCKING THOUGHT!

We can try sterilizing the my pals first before we decide to fucking have them starve themselves to death. And the slant eyes too of course. And the dot heads and whathaveyou. Cut their dicks and place fire therein.

Status
Not open for further replies.