Official GMD Photo/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just took an hour or two to do these manipulations for tape art.

The right panel is the front, the left is the back (obviously, I guess):

drift222nx4.jpg

Very nice. That reminds me to do the booklet design for Totalus Necrum. No chance doing it tonight before Monday Night Football. Go Pats.

Very nice, V. I checked it out a while ago, and it turns out Im not too big on the noise stuff. Meh, it could be an aquired taste. Who knows.

AstrumInfinito said:
Very nice, V. I checked it out a while ago, and it turns out Im not too big on the noise stuff. Meh, it could be an aquired taste. Who knows.

Heh, well...not many are. It IS an acquired taste; some people just can never acquire the taste :p

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Heh, well...not many are. It IS an acquired taste; some people just can never acquire the taste :p

I see. I am not saying it is talentless and pointless like i have heard most say; I can see where one would like it. Well looks like you have a good thing going there, keep it up. How is doing live shows with that shit?

AstrumInfinito said:
I see. I am not saying it is talentless and pointless like i have heard most say; I can see where one would like it. Well looks like you have a good thing going there, keep it up. How is doing live shows with that shit?

Yeah the big thing is don't say it is talentless until you have created your own multi-source harsh noise work and performed for 20+ minutes live. I can safely say plenty of people here could not do what I do for 5 minutes straight, let alone 20 (my last two shows were 20+ STRAIGHT minutes of absolutely uncompromising sound). It takes stamina, endurance, etc., but also a very good sense of dynamics.

This is 1 one minute video of one of my shows this past July. It isn't representative of my work at all because YouTube is noted for its horrible video AND sound quality. It is representative, however, of the amount of dynamics/movement I put into my live show; I don't think I stayed still or let one sound go for longer than half a second that entire 20 minutes.

My gear setup is actually pretty simple, compact, efficient, and diverse:

196570070_dc9cf4cf43_m.jpg

That right there is pretty much my entire, long-term setup, minus the audio generator I use for a constant background/backbone to the sound (it's over to my right next to the purple pedal).

Great, thanks for making me spout off...:p

Curiously, there are some fuckups/faux pas's I shouldn't have done; one is in the very beginning where it's buzzy and shit even after I apparently change something (though, I think the video is out of synch with the sound or vice-versa at times because my vocals fade in after i actually am screaming :p)...and the other...well, just watch my hands, that's all I can say. :zombie:

Sticking my hand in my pocket(s) to (fail to) find the chain I had prepared to use as source for the contact mic to pick up...not so good.

Yeah there is no making me feel better about that, trust me. I found it after the set and was intensely angry.

Also I love surprising everyone with what people have deemed my "teenage whirlwind of harsh noise fury" or something to that effect/cheese level. It's just fun to be 5'5" and skinny and own everyone in the room who doesn't expect you to scream for 20 minutes straight.

I find it impressive how much effort you put in to creating this...sound, but it is something I will never understand.

:lol: at you being able to notice a mistake in it though

unknown said:
even for the people that make it *cough*

Here's how I got into noise:

*NP: Merzbow - Cannibalism Of Machine*

OK wow this is horrible...

*turn off*

Lemme just...try that again...maybe I'm missing something here...

*NP: Merzbow - Cannibalism Of Machine*

OK yeah this is great.

Hammer of Might said:
I find it impressive how much effort you put in to creating this...sound, but it is something I will never understand.

:lol: at you being able to notice a mistake in it though

Oh well see someone from the "outside" so to speak would never notice I did something taboo, but doing what I did is probably frowned upon...you're not really supposed to be looking around in your pocket for shit during an improvised noise set. :lol:

But yeah at least you understand that I take it seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.