Official GMD Photo/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we don't have antichristian/antireligion as our lyrical theme, and Zephyrus is a christian, so he wears the cross. My feelings about it were more along the lines of Decadent. Who cares as long as we're making the music we like?

Teh Grimace said:
just "noise".

Training For Utopia is "noisecore".

actaully noisecore is bands like Final Exit, World and Genital Masticator. good stuff. and yes, I too, also have a noise project. two in fact - Zombie Militia and Arseterror.

Mort Divine said:
9479195-9479198-slarge.jpg

There she is looking much less pale :) Still as pretty.

Eh... I don't think she's very pretty either Ex Cally.. though maybe it's just the pictures and the faces she's making.

I will forever think Kate Winslet is one of the most beautiful people ever.

She's 31 now and still extremely beautiful. Even though she has a severe amount of wrinkles for a 30 year old due to smoking so much. =P

Naomi Watts is older, much better looking, and sexier. end

Kate Winslet movies and acting is crap.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Curiously, there are some fuckups/faux pas's I shouldn't have done; one is in the very beginning where it's buzzy and shit even after I apparently change something (though, I think the video is out of synch with the sound or vice-versa at times because my vocals fade in after i actually am screaming :p)...and the other...well, just watch my hands, that's all I can say. :zombie:

Well I must give you a shitload of credit, it must take a whole lot to remember how do do a whole song.

Susperia said:
Eh... I don't think she's very pretty either Ex Cally.. though maybe it's just the pictures and the faces she's making.

I will forever think Kate Winslet is one of the most beautiful people ever.

She's 31 now and still extremely beautiful. Even though she has a severe amount of wrinkles for a 30 year old due to smoking so much. =P

Yeah, she looks quite good :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pKujuTgtL0

Maybe that'll give a less one dimensional look at Regina. Good song too :)

AstrumInfinito said:
Well I must give you a shitload of credit, it must take a whole lot to remember how do do a whole song.

I don't remember anything, everything I do is improv...don't get me wrong, haha. It's still hard to improvise that with that much gear and not suck. You have to cover all sound spectrums and things.

MasterOLightning said:
There was this Aube noise/ambient I heard that was rather interesting. I'm sure VVVVV is familiar with that.

Yeah, I am a big Aube fan; I have his 4x7" EP called Quadrotation which is basically a sampler of Aube using his "big four" of single sources (let's see if I remember...water, heartbeat...glow/flourescent lamps...and rocks! Haha yesss). It's really fucking good, but yeah you should probably try to find video of him because he is captivating on video (even moreso than on his more introspective albums)...Aube is also extremely metal because for one release (Pages From The Book), he ripped up a Bible...and that was the only sound source. Fucking \m/

Mort Divine said:
Gah, V5 what was that one noise artist I liked alot that you sent me stuff from? The really alien sounding stuff.

Yeah, Atrax. Marco is a fucking genius (actually, he's recently been pretty bad because he's crossing like early power electronics with 80s synth shit or something :erk:). When he was on Relapse (like he was for Sickness Report, he was awesome.

Also noise is a subgenre of electronic music, pretty much.

Dodens; contact me on AIM, I'll send you some various stuff I suppose.

It's kind of hard to do noise in notation given that most people into it do not utilize traditional instruments (or, if they do, they often utilize them in a weird way). So, yeah generally...well, it's not like TOTAL improv; I ususally have an IDEA of what I'm going to do/what sound tricks I'm going to pull pre-show (during sound checks, etc.), but yeah...compared to structured music, it is very much an improvised style.

I may also mention, before someone degrades me or what I do, that this is an international scene with a lot of progenitors and people playing it all over the world. I have (or will be) myself released (or am releasing) CDs/tapes on labels not located in America; for instance, I've done work for a Canadian label, work for an Italian label, and a collaboration I'm doing with the ex-vocalist of "cyber-grind" band Dataclast will be released on an Australian label. I've also had my CDs distributed in Japan et al, so I've gotten around quite a bit. :p So yeah it's obviously not just me or me and a few people from Japan doing this; it's pretty big in the context.

True. :p

However, a seasoned "noisician" can certainly tell when something gets fucked up during someone else's set. Though sometimes it can be obvious (swearing, etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.