Official GMD Photo/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
god's honest truth.

actually it was because i started getting emotionally involved with you people. and that's just unhealthy. so i quit.

i quit drinking (well, drinking alone) around the same time.

test of my will power, and i won. for a while. now i'm back in the sewer eating shit-pie with the mongoloids...

what happened...

^ you have no idea how much that cheered me up.

....sigh....

i was just about to click the little red x and not come back.
but i'm okay now.

love and happiness to all.

and volleyball...

i thought for a week that i had lost my driver's license when she woke me up at 11:57 and told me we had to be out the door of the hotel room at exactly 12 or she'd have to pay more and i was, like, not clothed yet or anything so i grabbed shit and ran... then yesterday my drummer told me i left it at the club he works at...

love and happiness...

i told her i'd call but then i didn't want to pay the long distance charges to Mexico... i'm a fucking asshole...

^ you have no idea how much that cheered me up.

....sigh....

i was just about to click the little red x and not come back.
but i'm okay now.

love and happiness to all.

and volleyball...

i thought for a week that i had lost my driver's license when she woke me up at 11:57 and told me we had to be out the door of the hotel room at exactly 12 or she'd have to pay more and i was, like, not clothed yet or anything so i grabbed shit and ran... then yesterday my drummer told me i left it at the club he works at...

love and happiness...

i told her i'd call but then i didn't want to pay the long distance charges to Mexico... i'm a fucking asshole...

Dude, you have some serious relaxing to do. I say you go on a vacation.

you should read House of Leaves by Mark Z Danielewski

in the process of my 3rd reading of it right now, actually.

probably my favorite book ever.

good call. :)

i'm also reading "zarathustra" by nietzsche again, "fiece invalids home from hot climates" by tom robbins, a biography of Jaco Pastorius, and i'm about to start "how to be good" by nick hornby, the guy who wrote "high fidelity" which might actually beat out HoL as my #1... i just finished a book called "the gods drink whiskey" by steven asma which is a non-fic account of a white american Buddhism scholar (the writer) who goes to Cambodia to teach at the first Buddhist learning institute to operate since the Khmer Rouge basically destroyed the country, one of the best and most eye-opening books i've ever read...

oh, and i'm trying to get into the Andy Kaufman bio that Bob Zmuda wrote, but i'm so stacked up i feel i'm not giving it the attention it deserves...

in the process of my 3rd reading of it right now, actually.

probably my favorite book ever.

good call. :)

Yeah I read it over summer and really loved it. His new book, Only Revolutions, er whatever is out now. I want to pick it up, but it looks incredibly confusing. I just finished Lunar Park by Bret Easton Ellis, and it was amazing. Possibly my favorite book from him (topping American Psycho). Great stuff.

I'm waiting for my new Thomas Ligotti book to come that's been delayed a number of times :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.