Official GMD Photo/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
saucepan_cover_bubble.jpg

north_bondi_pool_800.jpg

Indeed! Excellent show (despite the ever-boring Fear Factory). Everyone else was great, especially Suffo. I was RIGHT up front during Decap and Suffo.

Show Review:

"Last night Dan and I went to the Palladium (Worcester, MA) to see Decapitated/Hypocrisy/Suffocation/Fear Factory. He picked me up at around 6:15 and we left to get there by 7, when the doors opened. We listened to some Gorod and other tech. death on the way and when we got there, we went in and found a place near the front.

Decapitated came on and played a few songs off of their new albums, and a few old songs, but, given that I don't really care about Decapitated, I didn't really catch any of the song titles at all. They were chug-a-riffic and every song sounded basically the same, but I don't really think I cared; Sauron's vocals were pretty brutal and had a cool echo effect on them that made them reverberate nicely. The guitarist let out some good solo action, but overall, it was kind of unremarkable.

During Hypocrisy, I hung out with two dudes I met on the UltimateMetal forum I moderate; it was kind of weird meeting 'em, but eventually we were cool. I got a soda and we stood in the back for Hypocrisy. They laid down some stuff off of Osculum Obscenum, but more stuff off The Arrival and Virus (Let The Knife Do The Talking, Eraser, War Path, etc). Peter handled the vocals extremely well, and there were some spacy keyboard effects as an added backdrop for some songs. The drummer also had a fine performance, with extended, great-sounding, double bass sections.

Suffocation was the ABSOLUTE EPIC HIGHLIGHT of the entire night. I moved right up front for them, to take in the whole sound of Mike's intense, low, bass drum sound and Terrance's squealing solo bliss. Frank was intense and goofy as ever, shaking his hand rapidly during sections of fast drumming, playing air guitar, smiling and sticking his tongue out like some kind of mental patient. They had an excellent setlist, playing old favorites like Catatonia, Liege Of Inveracity, et al, while varying those up with Bind Torture Kill, Abomination Reborn, and a few others here and there (Jesus Wept included!). I almost got a high five from him (Dan did, and so I high fived him afterwards to see if maybe Frank's sweat would rub off on me!). I was in the big pit up front for the entire set, getting pushed around by a ton of people in a dense formation, hands extending with the horns thrown up on the end so much that my arms (and probably everyone else's!) were hugely sore. It was amazing, fantastic. If Suffocation plays near you, and you don't go; you're fucking gay.

Fear Factory is where I fell asleep, a welcome change for the most part, after the grueling Suffocation set. I bought a drink and walked around, eventually setting in a spot near one of the stairs down to the floor and played Solitaire on my iPod. You can tell, I'm not really a Fear Factory fan at all, but Dan is, so I had to stay. Meh."

Indeed! Excellent show (despite the ever-boring Fear Factory). Everyone else was great, especially Suffo. I was RIGHT up front during Decap and Suffo.

Show Review:

"Last night Dan and I went to the Palladium...

Great review!

Decapitated's sound was very muddy, I could barely distinguish the instruments, but I was able to pick out songs like "Nihility" and the super-fun "Spheres of Madness". The band was certainly pleased to see the Polish flag I was waving around up toward the front.

Hypocrisy's featured better sound, plus standing further back helped improved that as well.
Exact Hypocrisy setlist was:

Fractured Milleniun
Adjusting the Sun
Eraser
Osculum Obscenum
Roswell 47
Warpath
The Final Chapter
Let the Knife Do the Talking

Despite my liking Hypocrisy much more, Suffocation's set was the highlight of the night. All the songs were brutally intense and got me and the crowd in a frenzy.
I'm not certain the exact setlist but they played in an order similar to this:

Thrones of Blood
Breeding the Spawn
Abomination Rebord
Liege of Inveracity
Pierced From Within
Jesus Wept
Blind Torture Kill
Catatonia
Funeral Inception

The show was fantastic and I hope to see these guys again soon.

I don't remember them announcing Thrones Of Blood, but they probably played it...I was just going nuts. Also, JESUS FUCKING WEPT!

Status
Not open for further replies.