Official GMD Photo/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i gotta mention that Manu sat out the end of the 3rd to the first part of the 4th and then as soon as he came back he falls and busts his ass after playing probably less than a minute and then he's out for the rest of the game... Pop also didn't play Francisco Elson for a single minute and he had freakin Vaughn out there for the entire 4th quarter instead of Tony or Beno...

now, seeing as i probably know the Spurs' plays, players, and rotation better than just about anybody who isn't on the team, and since i have a pretty good sense of how Pop's mind works, i'll tell you flat out that he was still considering that game to be like a preseason game... time for testing things out, setting up scenarios and seeing how his guys perform.

if that was the playoffs, Manu would have gone back in. if it was the playoffs, Oberto wouldn't have been out there defending Dirk with no double-teams for an entire half, Pop just wanted him to get some practice taking Dirk one-on-one. for fuck's sake, Tony Parker probably would have played at some point if Pop was really trying.

it's a traditional Spurs tactic to allow the other team a small lead (i know it was 17 or whatever, but refer to my above comments) all the way up until the last 5, maybe 4 minutes, then they start clamping down on defense and going to Tim on every play, then in the last 2:30 or so they start playing pure inside-out with all the 3 point shooters and Duncan distributing... it's meant to keep the opponents from getting too focused. They want the opponents to get used to being able to throw up low percentage shots since they've got the lead so that when the Spurs start tightening up the defense it's like running full speed into a wall...

Pop is never out of control of the game. sometimes the team is clueless, but he's always playing psychological games with everybody... that's why he's the best coach in the NBA...
I agree with you there, that Pop is the best coach in the NBA. Avery is OK but he just doesn't have the experience that Pop does. I saw that clamp down tactic in action in the playoffs, and it's effective, it gives everyone a rest and makes the other team overconfident. I think it was a bad choice on his part to "give" us the win because it'll come back to haunt him later in the year.

Did you see the Mavs kick the Hornet's ass the next day? Granted, they are the Hornets, but a worse team would've had trouble in that game after playing a huge team the night before.

1480167289_l.jpg

and a boring ol' uncolorful whatever shot of me when my nose was pierced.

1424060067_l.jpg

Mmmm, no. I don't know about you, but I certainly haven't starved any africans lately, so I most definitely won't feel guilty for it. Occasionally a little sad, sure, but not guilty.

Did I ever say I personally feel guilty? No. It makes me really mad, and I feel terrible that it happens but I'm not fucking blaming myself. All I said was that humans do that to each other, and have been since the dawn of man.

Status
Not open for further replies.