Official GMD Photo/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not thinking a guitar is significance where is should have a spot is fucking ignorant,so if I am ignorant it's because these people are ignorant by thinking guitar is not 'cool' enough or outdated or whatever reasons why there is not some cool guitar. Maybe the fact that female singers generally have no idea what a guitar can achieve or sound because 'they're fucking stupid self-centered 'look at me i'm a solo artist singer song writer'. If a singer/song writing wants to be solo they better be greater than every band on earth with a band name as in there is a 'band.'. Do these people think they're somehow so fucking important ?

THE GUITAR IS NOT THE ONLY IMPORTANT INSTRUMENT IN THE WORLD NOR IS IT THE ONLY WAY FOR A MUSICIAN TO MAKE GOOD MUSIC. Sure the guitar is significant in metal, jazz, blues, etc but those genres are NOT everything there is to music.

People like Rufus Wainwright, Fiona Apple, Norah Jones, Tori Amos, Bjork, etc don't need to have guitar work in their music and if they were to make major use of it it would frankly make their music lesser.

Neither of those females have impressive vocals to me.

I would really have to be impressed by a female to not care she did not care about guitar. The only female vocals that have really impressed me are liv kristine on leaves' eyes 'lovelorn' and ToT 'velvet darkness and anekke from the gathering on mandylion and nighttime birds, then again all these albums are very much as a band and have guitars so it opens me up more because it's not just a sole project and basic regular stringed instruments are involved. If people can not do a lot with bass,drums,and guitars alone(not that other instruments can not be used) than it probably says they are not good musicians and need to take the easy way out. People should not feel the need to let technology affect them. This kinda makes you look like an MTV viewer.

I would really have to be impressed by a female to not care she did not care about guitar. The only female vocals that have really impressed me are liv kristine on leaves' eyes 'lovelorn' and ToT 'velvet darkness and anekke from the gathering on mandylion and nighttime birds, then again all these albums are very much as a band and have guitars so it opens me up more because it's not just a sole project and basic regular stringed instruments are involved. If people can not do a lot with bass,drums,and guitars alone(not that other instruments can not be used) than it probably says they are not good musicians and need to take the easy way out. People should not feel the need to let technology affect them. This kinda makes you look like an MTV viewer.

This is the most fundamentally flawed statement you've EVER made on this site while I've been here.

Piano, harp, flute, violin, keyboard, etc.

All of those take talent to play (see Rick Wakeman for keyboard talent or GTFO), and all of those are instruments that you will often find used in singer/songwriter stuff, and for someone to not be impressed by Tori Amos's voice yet to be impressed by someone as fucking bland as Liv is just fucking amazing.

That's because you like women to sound like whispy little monotonous fairies that are of no intimidation to you because they can't sing low or strong for the life of them. And in that way you are attracted to them because they are not intimidating in the least.

Maybe she was getting ready to go swimming with dolphins with her environmental group during an oil spill, and she got distracted while painting her friend jerking off a killer whale with ED and accidentally stepped on a landmine, btw did you know there are THOUSANDS of minefields across asia which have to be swept, there are people DYING, and more importantly there is too much garbage in the streets, and fish are dying everyday! Oh and did U know I just got a new dress, here is me posing in some outfit which was in style in the eighties, did U know there are fish dying everyDAY!!! :cry: :cry:

:lol: I love you.

I forgot.... if I listened to a soley female artist would go with enjya because she does not resemble anything on the radio or TV and is one of the female I have heard that does not give a shit about the media. Music should sound not resemble anything on the radio or TV. The entire reason I love oldschool death metal for example is because it's not 'cool' other than the fact liking it.

Tori Amos,bjork,dido,fiona apple etc... sound trendy.

You've no idea how badly I want to smack you for being such an idiot right now. You listen to music for ALL THE WRONG FUCKING REASONS. You listen to music because YOU ENJOY IT, not just because it isn't what is on the radio. And I laugh at ANYONE who is ignorant to say that Tori Amos and Bjork sound "trendy" or like stuff that gets played on the radio. You've had to not had listened to either of them to reach this conclusion.

Dido can fuck off, and Fiona Apple is hardly "trendy," nor does she sound so.

You could've went with Sinead O'Connor, Emiliana Torrini, Nina Simone, Shirley Manson as good female vocalists/musicians who don't do "trendy" things but ... Enya, haha.

That's because you like women to sound like whispy little monotonous fairies that are of no intimidation to you because they can't sing low or strong for the life of them. And in that way you are attracted to them because they are not intimidating in the least.

No. I am guessing you think that because you fit in with the fairy style female and are fragile and have no intimidation factor. You for example are cute nerdy and straightedge which are turn offs for me.

Imagine if THIS GUY:

1143737522.jpg

Joined THESE GUYS:

pentagram.gif

=

41.jpg

HEAVY

'range' does not make a singer. Celion Dion is annoying for example.

I would rather listen to a female singer with less range that has a cool voice tone and word phrasing.

If a females just wants to show how many high end ranges she can hit than I am not going to be impressed.

I basically only know about the music during the 70's(do not even like any of it besides sabbath, but have heard shitloads) and death metal, and some other metal. I can't really say that much music I have heard sounds good. I like playing guitar and listening to the same shit over and over and what I like makes me happy. Not really knowing much about music does not even matter because everyone has specific musical interests and majority of people don't even know anything about music even alittle.

Status
Not open for further replies.