Official GMD Photo/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying the Chargers are a better team because they have a better record. In fact I don't think I ever did say why I think that. So...

I think that the Chargers are a better team than the Colts because they are more consistent and more versatile. They're more consistent defensively and do not absolutely rely on LaDanian Tomlinson the way that the Colts ride the back of Peyton Manning. I'm afraid that the defensive performance displayed by the Colts this past week was just a fluke, and I think that their defense would utterly fail against the Chargers offense (moreso than the Chargers defense would fail against the Colts offense). That said, I would be more than happy to see the Colts win the Super Bowl.

Much better, and I agree with most of what you say, as much as I hate to admit it. But lets face it, Indy wont have to play the Chargers because the Pats are going to beat them, and then Indy will beat the Pats and inevitably win the Superbowl. :) But we'll see!

Faith...the Fins are my second favorite team, I'm always rooting for them. :kickass:

Much better, and I agree with most of what you say, as much as I hate to admit it. But lets face it, Indy wont have to play the Chargers because the Pats are going to beat them, and then Indy will beat the Pats and inevitably win the Superbowl. :) But we'll see!

Faith...the Fins are my second favorite team, I'm always rooting for them. :kickass:
Ravens are going to beat Indy. If the Chiefs D can hold Manning to 6 while playing basically the whole half, imagine what the Ravens can do.

The Colts had 6 points at half time against the Chiefs, and they had an overwhelming time of possession superiority. The Ravens are much better defensively and therefore I feel that they can beat the Colts, if the Chiefs can do that well against the Colts.

They had a 9-0 lead at the half first off. Secondly, they literally shut out the second best running back in the league. Third, they had a superior time of possession because they ran the ball alot more, which is a strategy they have begun to use alot more instead of expecting Peyton to just wing the ball up and score 987239507802398523 points a game. The final score was 23-8, thats a pretty good score considering Peyton through 3 interceptions to top it all off.

They had a 9-0 lead at the half first off.
Really? Stupid mistake, but my point still stands.
Secondly, they literally shut out the second best running back in the league.
This is pretty easy to do when you know that they can't throw the ball.
considering Peyton through 3 interceptions to top it all off.
Exactly. If the Chiefs can get three Interceptions, imagine how many the number one defense can get.

But the Chiefs didn't do well at all against the Colts is MY point. They lost, pretty bad. They were dominated up and down the field by both the Colts offense AND defense. Bringing up my question to you again, what are you talking about.

Cookiecutter, I don't think you realize the magnitude of the Colt defense's performance this past week. The Colts on average let about 175 rushing yards per game. 7 (or 8?) times this year they've allowed a 150 yard rusher. To shut down the Chiefs running game the way they did is seriously one of the most incredible surprises this entire season in the NFL. The The Colts defense plays the way that they did (and Peyton is back up to form, which he probably will as long as the O line holds sufficiently), the Colts have the advantage.

Cookiecutter, I don't think you realize the magnitude of the Colt defense's performance this past week. The Colts on average let about 175 rushing yards per game. 7 (or 8?) times this year they've allowed a 150 yard rusher. To shut down the Chiefs running game the way they did is seriously one of the most incredible surprises this entire season in the NFL. The The Colts defense plays the way that they did (and Peyton is back up to form, which he probably will as long as the O line holds sufficiently), the Colts have the advantage.

Pretty much. I never discredit McNair and the Ravens though. I fucking hate it when the Colts play againts McNair. I think it will be a great high scoring game oddly enough.

Yeah, really I think any defense that is able to hold ANY team to zero first downs for an entire half of a game shows fantastic promise for helping them win games.

Status
Not open for further replies.