Official GMD Photo/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a picture of our new dog (with my little sister):

puppy29ym.jpg

Tell me why you think the Colts will beat the Bears. Please. The Bears ROLLED the Saints. They dominated the line of scrimmage. That has nothing to do with luck. They ran the ball at will, and aside from the big play from Bush, the Saints did almost nothing on offense.

I have no clue why people thought the Saints would score 30+ on the Bears. The Saints scored 27 at home against a weaker defense. How could they possibly score more than that in terrible conditions on the road, against a tougher D? A lot of "experts" (all of ESPN) terribly misjudged the Bears, as they will do in the Super Bowl.

Dallas Clark had a huge game today, but Urlacher will neutralize him. The Bears D line will get pressure, and the secondary is solid, even though they get burned on ocassion. No one on Indy is as explosive as Bush though. The Bears O line is excellent, and between Jones and Benson, they will control the clock and force the Colts to play catch up. When the Bears get a 10+ point lead, it's game over. Bears win in two weeks, 28-17.

The Colts will win because they already beat the best defense in the league. And they have so much fucking momentum that it's coming through their fucking ears.

The Bears definitely fed off of being the underdogs in today's game. They were the hungrier team by far, and they will be in SB XLI. Besides, two weeks off the field will kill any team's momentum, but two weeks of getting trashed on ESPN will do a lot to get a team fired up.

Also, the Ravens' offense is dreadful. The Bears can score, although their defense isn't as good as Baltimore's.

Tell me why you think the Colts will beat the Bears. Please. The Bears ROLLED the Saints. They dominated the line of scrimmage. That has nothing to do with luck. They ran the ball at will, and aside from the big play from Bush, the Saints did almost nothing on offense.

I have no clue why people thought the Saints would score 30+ on the Bears. The Saints scored 27 at home against a weaker defense. How could they possibly score more than that in terrible conditions on the road, against a tougher D? A lot of "experts" (all of ESPN) terribly misjudged the Bears, as they will do in the Super Bowl.

Dallas Clark had a huge game today, but Urlacher will neutralize him. The Bears D line will get pressure, and the secondary is solid, even though they get burned on ocassion. No one on Indy is as explosive as Bush though. The Bears O line is excellent, and between Jones and Benson, they will control the clock and force the Colts to play catch up. When the Bears get a 10+ point lead, it's game over. Bears win in two weeks, 28-17.

I really hope your post was a joke, because it was laughable at best.

Before we even get into the "Why the Colts are going to pummel the Bears", which is going to happen, you must come to the realization of this one key fact first. The AFC trumps any NFC team by default. Why might you ask? The AFC has been the stronger conference for years, and it seems like it's going to stay that way for a while.

I'm not sure if you recall, but the Patriots spanked the Bears earlier in the season. And the Colts spanked the Patriots in the regular season as well. So, the obvious thing to think would be "ok, if A > B, and C > A, then C MUST BE > B" little problem solving 101 for you. Besides, it's a pretty well known thing that the Patriots are like no other team in the postseason. Not to mention, the Patriots as huge underdogs murdered the #1 team in the league. And then lost to who? Oh yeah, my Colts. So then...what was your reasoning for the Bears beating the Colts? Let's break it down.

Well first off, it was pretty obvious that the Saints defense isn't all that great. It was their achilles heel coming into the postseason (much like the Colts). Even for someone like Rex, any offense is bound to score on that defense. I'm sure even the Raiders could have gotten 14+ points on them. I never thought the Saints would score 30+ points against Da Bears, but I certainly thought they'd score more than 14. The Saints had a great offense this year, alot of weapons to use so one would assume they could score alot of points on ANYONE. Besides, let's be real here, Da Bears defense is a little overrated, statistically speaking. They had a top 5 defense, but they were in the NFC. They had an easy schedule, and they were slipping hard in the latter half of the season, partly due to injuries. Most tv analysts play that whole Mr. Obvious roll anyways. So I don't give a shit about what they say. I go off of facts and how teams play. Indy had one of the toughest schedules in the league this year, came out of it 12-4. Played two of the best defensive playoff games in history. That being, keeping a team from making a single first down for 2 1/2 quarters. Playing against the #1 defense in the league, on the road, and holding them to 6 points. Beat a team that has owned their face for the last 4 years after coming off of a win against the #1 TEAM IN NFL. Oh did I mention, they came from behind and won from the largest defecit in a Conference Championship game in the history of the NFL. And what have Da Bears done? Well first off they almost lost to SEATTLE for christs sake. Luckily for them, if Hasselback didn't suck so much ass, they would have lost.

Clark didn't have a huge game. He had huge catches he is as clutch as any player in the NFL for sure. Urlacher is going to be so worried about stopping Addai and Rhodes, and trying to figure out what the fuck Manning is yelling "apple! apple! apple!" for, he'll forget about Clark, and Utecht, and Gardener, and get caught up in the Colts amazing offense and not even be a factor. Urlacher has never played a team that is so versatile, so confusing and amazingly awesome as the Colts offense. The Saints are mere wanabes compared to what the Colts can and will do to Da Bears. Oh did I mention, Indy has the best offensive line in the NFL? Giving up the least sacks this season, and against much tougher opponents, not to mention they only gave up 1 sack against #1 defense in the league. Yeah, they sure will get "rolled" by Da Bears defense...my ass.

lol @ Da Bears secondary. They are fucking shit. Don't forget the Colts have the two best receivers in the game, and the best rookie in the NFL. Oh and the best QB in the NFL as well. Manning will pick them apart like he does EVERYONE.

The Bears offensive line will surely get tested against the Colts defense. I don't think they've played as fast of a defense as what the Colts have. Freeney and Mathis are insane, and you can't forget about Booger McFarland. If I were you, I wouldn't expect Benson or Jones to get over 70 yards rushing. Oh did I mention we also have the Eraser? Bob Sanders? Yeah, you definately aren't going to get many rushing yards. And once the Bears can't rush, they'll put he game in Rex Grossman's hands, and all I have to say about that is "good luck", you're going to need it.

My prediction is: Colts: 34, Bears: 12

I really hope your post was a joke, because it was laughable at best.

Before we even get into the "Why the Colts are going to pummel the Bears", which is going to happen, you must come to the realization of this one key fact first. The AFC trumps any NFC team by default. Why might you ask? The AFC has been the stronger conference for years, and it seems like it's going to stay that way for a while.

I'm not sure if you recall, but the Patriots spanked the Bears earlier in the season. And the Colts spanked the Patriots in the regular season as well. So, the obvious thing to think would be "ok, if A > B, and C > A, then C MUST BE > B" little problem solving 101 for you. Besides, it's a pretty well known thing that the Patriots are like no other team in the postseason. Not to mention, the Patriots as huge underdogs murdered the #1 team in the league. And then lost to who? Oh yeah, my Colts. So then...what was your reasoning for the Bears beating the Colts? Let's break it down.

Well first off, it was pretty obvious that the Saints defense isn't all that great. It was their achilles heel coming into the postseason (much like the Colts). Even for someone like Rex, any offense is bound to score on that defense. I'm sure even the Raiders could have gotten 14+ points on them. I never thought the Saints would score 30+ points against Da Bears, but I certainly thought they'd score more than 14. The Saints had a great offense this year, alot of weapons to use so one would assume they could score alot of points on ANYONE. Besides, let's be real here, Da Bears defense is a little overrated, statistically speaking. They had a top 5 defense, but they were in the NFC. They had an easy schedule, and they were slipping hard in the latter half of the season, partly due to injuries. Most tv analysts play that whole Mr. Obvious roll anyways. So I don't give a shit about what they say. I go off of facts and how teams play. Indy had one of the toughest schedules in the league this year, came out of it 12-4. Played two of the best defensive playoff games in history. That being, keeping a team from making a single first down for 2 1/2 quarters. Playing against the #1 defense in the league, on the road, and holding them to 6 points. Beat a team that has owned their face for the last 4 years after coming off of a win against the #1 TEAM IN NFL. Oh did I mention, they came from behind and won from the largest defecit in a Conference Championship game in the history of the NFL. And what have Da Bears done? Well first off they almost lost to SEATTLE for christs sake. Luckily for them, if Hasselback didn't suck so much ass, they would have lost.

Clark didn't have a huge game. He had huge catches he is as clutch as any player in the NFL for sure. Urlacher is going to be so worried about stopping Addai and Rhodes, and trying to figure out what the fuck Manning is yelling "apple! apple! apple!" for, he'll forget about Clark, and Utecht, and Gardener, and get caught up in the Colts amazing offense and not even be a factor. Urlacher has never played a team that is so versatile, so confusing and amazingly awesome as the Colts offense. The Saints are mere wanabes compared to what the Colts can and will do to Da Bears. Oh did I mention, Indy has the best offensive line in the NFL? Giving up the least sacks this season, and against much tougher opponents, not to mention they only gave up 1 sack against #1 defense in the league. Yeah, they sure will get "rolled" by Da Bears defense...my ass.

lol @ Da Bears secondary. They are fucking shit. Don't forget the Colts have the two best receivers in the game, and the best rookie in the NFL. Oh and the best QB in the NFL as well. Manning will pick them apart like he does EVERYONE.

The Bears offensive line will surely get tested against the Colts defense. I don't think they've played as fast of a defense as what the Colts have. Freeney and Mathis are insane, and you can't forget about Booger McFarland. If I were you, I wouldn't expect Benson or Jones to get over 70 yards rushing. Oh did I mention we also have the Eraser? Bob Sanders? Yeah, you definately aren't going to get many rushing yards. And once the Bears can't rush, they'll put he game in Rex Grossman's hands, and all I have to say about that "good luck", you're going to need it.
1. First of all, the Bears lost to NE 17-13 at New England. That's hardly the "spanking" you make it out to be. Grossman played very poorly in that game, and that's the main reason they lost. They played them very close in spite of Grossman's poor performance that day. Your "If A>B, and C>A, then C>B" simply does not apply in sports, at any level. If that's the case, then either Houston or Green Bay has a claim to the title depending on who wins the SB.
2. When Grossman (and the coaching staff) has two weeks to prepare, he does much better statistically. He's also playing in Florida where he played his college ball, and he's played much better in warm weather conditions this season. I expect he'll play much better than he did today. He's also been much smarter about not making critical mistakes. His completion percentage was low because he had so many throwaways instead of throwing into tight coverage. Also, with the two week layoff, neither team is really going to surprise the other. Especially on the defensive side, since Smith and Dungy run similar schemes.
3. Regular season schedules are quite irrelevant at this point. Sometimes you play a good team when they're banged up, and sometimes you play a bad team when they're hot. Didn't the Cowboys from the lowly NFC beat Indy? Houston too. Don't get hung up on the regular season. The playoffs count for more clearly. While the Colts have played well defensively so far, those three teams do not throw the ball downfield well. Green and McNair are washed up, and Brady doesn't really bomb it down the field much. Berrian's speed will open up the middle. Grossman is sporadic, but too dangerous to stack 8 in the box against. That strategy worked against noodle armed QBs. The run will have success. The Bears have a better running game than NE for sure.
4. Both teams have really good kickers, but the Colts return coverage is iffy, and Hester could break one and change the game. The Bears punt and kick coverage is excellent.
5. Colts have had trouble scoring in the red zone. Lots of short field goals. The team that punches it in will win the game, as I think both offenses will move the ball. From what I've seen, the Bears have a better run stuffing defense in 3rd/4th and short situations.
6. The Bears are ballhawks and they'll cause fumbles and get picks. Manning has been prone to interceptions in the playoffs.
7. Two best receivers in the NFL and the best rookie? No and no. They're pretty good, but anyone could look great with Manning throwing to them. There were several rookies better than Addai.
I expect the Bears to win, but they very well may not. I hate to see people picking the Colts as a lock without giving the Bears a fair look.
Stop being such a homer. I understand it's your hometown, but I don't see how you think a Bears offense that averaged well over 20 ppg would only get 12 against a mediocre defense.

Agreed. That game last night was a heartbreaker, but that's what happens when you let a team like the colts gain some momentum.

As much as I know their chances are extrememly limited, I will still be rooting for the bears all night long.

Status
Not open for further replies.