Official GMD Photo/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
lmao @ the Titanic discussion. The movie is shit. The only thing it has going for it is the sense of spectacle. It is also doesn't help that the majority of the movie is based on a trite love story that is pure hollywood bullshit with no significant meaning behind it at all.

I love how all of you are calling it trite, an abomination, etc.. but you have nothing to back it up. It wasn't "a sense of spectacle" it was a sense of realism you soggy sack of shit. And the fact that two people fell in love aboard it was not out of question since there are several (okay many) stories of lovers on board that ship!

Just because you can't step outside your selfish little bodies to feel what someone else is feeling on screen doesn't mean the movie sucks. It just means you're empty inside. =) I understand it may be hard for you to feel how a 17 year old girl in an arranged marriage would have felt in 1912 but really... use some fucking imagination.

edit: And the love story did have a lot of significance... The movie used a lot of symbolism as well. Sorry you didn't see it?

Please just stop.

The mod just said stop talking about movies right before your posts. If you really want to be offtopic with movies atleast talk about something good. Do we really have to hear about your dumb tastes in movies. rly

Why would you come here and start talking about the movie titanic ?. wow

I despise the entire religion because they oppress freedom and are also arrogant to the law protecting peoples freedom of speech and rights, besides that turning everything around and putting an evil stamp on it. I am not a christian and feel out of place and oppressed by being controlled especially in a country ruled by it.

:zombie:

The Christians are coming to get you!! RUNNN!! RUN CODY RUN, AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!!!!@#w@!!

You come on a metal music forum discussion heavily populated by males and than start talking about titanic ?, especially in the wrong thread. Are you for real ?

why have you not been banned ?

It started where I was simply asking who sanga song in a music video, and then someone said something about Titanic. I didn't bring it up. Then they started badmouthing it. I don't let people badmouth things I care about. Then it turned into a debate---so what?

It's interesting how you hate Christianity and all of it's rules so much, and yet around here you're the first to get annoyed if someone isn't following the rules. Bit of a contradiction,don't you think? Rules are okay as long as you like them?

To an extent, but what you consider that Christianity is losing followers it is begining to lose ground.
Not enough where I live, I'm one of the very few atheists here, my Dad told me I was going to Hell today too.:lol: I could try to show him the contradictions and how Christianity is oppresive to your lifestyle, gays, women, among many other things and he'd just not listen and make up some evangelical excuse about how I'm wrong and how he's right and how Baptist form of Christianity is what I should go back to.:mad:

Not enough where I live, I'm one of the very few atheists here, my Dad told me I was going to Hell today too.:lol: I could try to show him the contradictions and how Christianity is oppresive to your lifestyle, gays, women, among many other things and he'd just not listen and make up some evangelical excuse about how I'm wrong and how he's right and how Baptist form of Christianity is what I should go back to.:mad:

Not all forms of Christianity is oppressive to those things. Catholics, Baptists, etc are, but most others forms aren't. We have a gay family in my parish and they are not treated any differently or excluded at all. Women are not excluded either and can be even be priests or bishops, unlike Catholicism and Baptism.

I know, but when I call someone a christian it is in a degrading manner. The united states is run by christianity who as a religion also try and censor everything. I despise the entire religion because they oppress freedom and are also arrogant to the law protecting peoples freedom of speech and rights, besides that turning everything around and putting an evil stamp on it. I am not a christian and feel out of place and oppressed by being controlled especially in a country ruled by it.

First of all, no one is forcing Christianity upon you. I know plenty of non-Christians and they are don't feel oppressed or out of place, you're feeling are self inflicted because of your bias and other reasons you cook up in your already small mind. And how exactly do they oppress freedom? I'm a Christian and do as I damn well please. Also explain how they are 'arrogant to the law protecting peoples freedom of speech and rights' and 'turning everything around and putting an evil stamp on it'.

And no one except greys can reply to this.

so theres christianity, and theres atheists? thats it?

Status
Not open for further replies.