Official GMD Photo/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is losing followers but not fast enough.

This sucks!. You want to know the part that really gets on my nerves ?

Christians made up heaven,hell, god, satan so now even satan as a last resort to conquer heaven and then form onto earth bringing world apocalypse turning earth until a desolate hell is not even possible. Other non christians and I are going to die before seeing the enemy fall. In todays world it would be impossible to gather a legion to destroy christians and return to world to the way it should be. I feel so helpless and imprisoned nor can do anything about it.

You know that feeling that you no longer have control and are stuck somewhere until the end of your days ruled by a huge legion of tyrants. I hope to sleep tonight and dream of being dead and free in nothingness far away!

so theres christianity, and theres atheists? thats it?
Yeah, I don't only know one atheist here besides me, it's predominanntly Evangelical Christian, but this ir rural Tennessee so what'd you expect. So it seems 99 % Christian and .1 % atheist, no Jews, Muslims, possibly a couple Wiccans.

You people have got some pretty warped views of Christianity. The religion simply says to love and be kind to others and repect God. That's it. There's a difference between religion and people who cite their religion as an excuse for their political / social beliefs. You act like Christians are the only people in the world who have used their religion as a basis for imposing their values on others. The worst part about it is, the main problem you have with them is that they want to censor things. Shit, wars have been fought with religion as an excuse. Genocide, terrorism, in the name of nearly all major religions in the world, and all you people can do it bitch "AWWW MAN CHRISTIANS WANT TO BLEEP OUT THE CURSES ON MY CD'S MAN!".

Terrorism isn't about Islam, the holocaust wasn't about Judaism, The Crusades weren't about Catholicism, etc. None of it's about religion- it's about people in power who want to change certain things and use relgion to get people to follow them.

That's all I'm going to say on the subject, since I can't stand this debate. I'll also point out that I'm not a religious person, so you can forget accusing me of being some kind of Jesus-nut.

edit: And whoever said Catholicism is "oppresive" is living in the fucking past because Catholics haven't had any serious social / political clout for decades.

Not all forms of Christianity is oppressive to those things. Catholics, Baptists, etc are, but most others forms aren't. We have a gay family in my parish and they are not treated any differently or excluded at all. Women are not excluded either and can be even be priests or bishops, unlike Catholicism and Baptism.
You still believe something that makes no sense.

Basically the only forms of Christioanity here are very conbservtaive, no Episcopalians or Unitarians, just Hell, Devil believing Christians.

I know I said I was done with this but:

Damn it, some of you guys act like the Bible is meant to be taken literally. It's a set of stories, poems, etc. meant to illustrate a code of behavior (that, again, basically says to be nice). Saying "hurr it doesn't make sense" is pretty pointless. It's a metaphor.

You people have got some pretty warped views of Christianity. The religion simply says to love and be kind to others and repect God. That's it. There's a difference between religion and people who cite their religion as an excuse for their political / social beliefs. You act like Christians are the only people in the world who have used their religion as a basis for imposing their values on others. The worst part about it is, the main problem you have with them is that they want to censor things. Shit, wars have been fought with religion as an excuse. Genocide, terrorism, in the name of nearly all major religions in the world, and all you people can do it bitch "AWWW MAN CHRISTIANS WANT TO BLEEP OUT THE CURSES ON MY CD'S MAN!".

Terrorism isn't about Islam, the holocaust wasn't about Judaism, The Crusades weren't about Catholicism, etc. None of it's about religion- it's about people in power who want to change certain things and use relgion to get people to follow them.

That's all I'm going to say on the subject, since I can't stand this debate. I'll also point out that I'm not a religious person, so you can forget accusing me of being some kind of Jesus-nut.

edit: And whoever said Catholicism is "oppresive" is living in the fucking past because Catholics haven't had any serious social / political clout for decades.
Ever read that verse in one of Paul's letters about a woman needing to be quiet around her husband?

First of all, no one is forcing Christianity upon you. I know plenty of non-Christians and they are don't feel oppressed or out of place, you're feeling are self inflicted because of your bias and other reasons you cook up in your already small mind. And how exactly do they oppress freedom? I'm a Christian and do as I damn well please. Also explain how they are 'arrogant to the law protecting peoples freedom of speech and rights' and 'turning everything around and putting an evil stamp on it'.

And no one except greys can reply to this.

You do what you please, but christianity trys to rid others and prevent freedom trying to take it away from people not fitting in with the rules and regulations of your bible. Christianity trys to censor ridding people that do not agree or except instead of trying to understand people's interests and why they do things have interests and accept that fact that everyone has good and should not be picked appart based on little things. Regardless someone not being typical or morally right(which is subjective) or having interests in what your religion see's good does not make them a bad person or wrong.

Censorship in music and movies(even cartoons CARTOONS) and even going about trying to prevent a band from playing live when we have government laws that protect our freedom of speech pursuit of happiness and life style choice(whatever a person feels fitting which is subjective). You honestly do not think christianity make things wrong or evil ?. movies,music,people are not evil. Christianity is perverted and evil if you ask me and makes people 'bad'.

,,,, if someone is not a christian what right do you have to say that person has to betray their religion heritage and background being christian so they can go to heaven. LOL are you fucking kidding me ?

I could go on and on why christianity is forced on people on a basis in this entire country and why it's a root to all evil.

What about telling people they will go to hell when you can't even prove it's real ?

that's not fucked up ?

fucking sickening

I would rather have my life threatened than have someone threaten me by saying I am going to hell for eternity. That's the worse thing ever. It's so cold and stoic that it's evil. I would not want to step one foot in heaven under god if it's all real.

You do what you please, but christianity trys to rid others and prevent freedom trying to take it away from people not fitting in with the rules and regulations of your bible.

No it doesn't.

Christianity trys to censor ridding people that do not agree or except instead of trying to understand people's interests and why they do things have interests and accept that fact that everyone has good and should not be picked appart based on little things. Regardless someone not being typical or morally right(which is subjective) or having interests in what your religion see's good does not make them a bad person or wrong.
That makes absolutely no sense at all.

Censorship in music and movies(even cartoons CARTOONS) and even going about trying to prevent a band from playing live when we have government laws that protect our freedom of speech pursuit of happiness and life style choice(whatever a person feels fitting which is subjective). You honestly do not think christianity make things wrong or evil ?. movies,music,people are not evil. Christianity is perverted and evil if you ask me and makes people 'bad'.

Again, this is a futile path to take. Christianity itself has no cenorship power. You voted for the people in the government that took action to censor whatever you are talking about. If you don't like censorship on some things don't vote for someone who will make a law like that. Oh wait, I bet you don't vote or care about politics? Interesting.

,,,, if someone is not a christian what right do you have to say that person has to betray their religion heritage and background being christian so they can go to heaven. LOL are you fucking kidding me ?

What the hell are you talking about? If they are not a Christian, then they probably are not going to go to a Christian heaven.

I could go on and on why christianity is forced on people on a basis in this entire country and why it's a root to all evil.

It's a root to all evil? LOL!

Wait... so there is different heavens now!

LOL

Things like this just throw me right off before trying to understand religion.

What about telling people they will go to hell when you can't even prove it's real ?

that's not fucked up ?

fucking sickening

I would rather have my life threatened than have someone threaten me by saying I am going to hell for eternity. That's the worse thing ever. It's so cold and stoic that it's evil. I would not want to step one foot in heaven under god if it's all real.

Of course we don't know anything for sure as there is no way to find out. But what does that have to do with anything?

Everyone religion has a heaven which is why I do not believe in religion period. Every religion thinking they go to a certain heaven triggers something in my mind and I know it's fake. I guess something like that is so crazy that i'm like WOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.