Official GMD Photo/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just about to congratulate you on making it much smaller (and thus less obnoxious). It wasn't apparent to me that it was a Queen quote; perhaps if you linked a picture of a dead Indian singer in spandex next to it I would get such an obvious link ?

Are you inarticulately trying to insult Queen? Because if you are, I'm not amused. :mad:

Freddy Mercury, or as you might already know him, Farooq Bulsara is among the greatest men to ever front a band. Easily.

No, well, not early to mid Queen anyway.

I think we could all have done without the plethora of angsty near-death power ballads though, towards the end.

I don't feel especially reverant towards the same Queen that duetted with British boy band 5ive, either, tbh.

I was just about to congratulate you on making it much smaller (and thus less obnoxious). It wasn't apparent to me that it was a Queen quote; perhaps if you linked a picture of a dead Indian singer in spandex next to it I would get such an obvious link ?

I'm pretty sure you are the only person to not get it. But that's cool, I'll just do what I used to for writing class and put citations in my posts just to keep us on the same page k? Don't be hatin! (B-Rad G from Malibu's Most Wanted)

I'm pretty sure you are the only person to not get it. But that's cool, I'll just do what I used to for writing class and put citations in my posts just to keep us on the same page k? Don't be hatin! (B-Rad G from Malibu's Most Wanted)

Mate,

My comment was intended as a light hearted jab at our oft-repeated "all American sports are essentially shite" gag, which, as I recall, we replay every time you make reference to one of said pass times.

As I have no essential reference to the "superbowl", I would be none the wiser if Queen is played at the games? Are they ? Is this a Chicago cubsox Blues! Go Rangers! thing, or is it universal among American Football games ? Or just the finals ? I assumed that you were saying that whichever team you support (and they do look nice and spiffy in their uniforms! Go Vixens!) were world champions because they won the superbowl - after all, you do have the rounders championship named the "World Series", which as far as I can tell features clubs from one continent?

I wasn't the only one to misunderstand the quote either - see Necuratul responding to me, and my subsequent (sardonic) reference to him with the Onion Magazine cover.

All intended in good humour, you miserable cunts :kickass:

Mate,

My comment was intended as a light hearted jab at our oft-repeated "all American sports are essentially shite" gag, which, as I recall, we replay every time you make reference to one of said pass times.

As I have no essential reference to the "superbowl", I would be none the wiser if Queen is played at the games? Are they ? Is this a Chicago cubsox Blues! Go Rangers! thing, or is it universal among American Football games ? Or just the finals ? I assumed that you were saying that whichever team you support (and they do look nice and spiffy in their uniforms! Go Vixens!) were world champions because they won the superbowl - after all, you do have the rounders championship named the "World Series", which as far as I can tell features clubs from one continent?

I wasn't the only one to misunderstand the quote either - see Necuratul responding to me, and my subsequent (sardonic) reference to him with the Onion Magazine cover.

All intended in good humour, you miserable cunts :kickass:

I know you are only joshing me. I was just retorting in the same way. I think we've almost crossed the line of "ok is he kidding now or being serious? because if he is serious hes starting to piss me off and i dont like him anymore." Let's not get that far. I don't have a problem with you at all, I actually like your sense of humor and posts. Worry not my friend, we are on the same page.

By the way, the WSOP is indeed held in the US but players from AROUND the world show up. I'd say foreigners make up at least 30% of any tournament they have.

edit: Necuratul not understanding doesn't surprise me. But I'm sure he'll say I KNEW IT THE WHOLE TIME YOU FAGGOT, or something along those lines. It's ok Nec, we won't hate you for it. *hug*

I actually didn't even know what the hell Carassian was talking about, I just responded accordingly. I don't actively look at your signature.

after all, you do have the rounders championship named the "World Series", which as far as I can tell features clubs from one continent?
I think its only the american sports that do it. Almost every other part of the world knows what the word 'world' means.

AFC League
UEFA Champions League

I think WWF (or E) has a title called the 'World Championship' too. Although what they do isn't even wrestling.. the people they have 'wrestling' for them don't even span the whole continent, let alone the planet.

I think WWF (or E) has a title called the 'World Championship' too. Although what they do isn't even wrestling.. the people they have 'wrestling' for them don't even span the whole continent, let alone the planet.

I think it's pretty much common knowledge that "Pro Wrestling" is fake. They don't even deny it or anything. Taking offense to WWE saying "world championship" is a little silly.

And in defense of Major League Baseball's use of "World Series", it's a fact that. even though the teams are all based in North America, the greatest players from all around the world play in MLB. I believe about 1/3 of the players in the majors are non-Americans. And, what's more, a lot of people seem to think that MLB will expand into east Asia eventually.

And in defense of Major League Baseball's use of "World Series", it's a fact that. even though the teams are all based in North America, the greatest players from all around the world play in MLB. I believe about 1/3 of the players in the majors are non-Americans. And, what's more, a lot of people seem to think that MLB will expand into east Asia eventually.
Then lets just match up the european and latin football teams and call it the world cup? That's where all the 'talent' is anyway, right?

They do have a lot of good baseball in Japan.

And if you're calling something a 'world-level' competition, involve countries to play in it. Not clubs or states.

Then lets just match up the european and latin football teams and call it the world cup? That's where all the 'talent' is anyway, right?

That would make sense to me, actually. If the best teams are based in Latin America and Europe, than what's the problem?

They do have a lot of good baseball in Japan.

Yeah, the Japan League is pretty good. However, it is not at the same level as MLB. Pit, I don't know, the Chiba-Lotte Marines against the Toronto Blue Jays and I gaurantee the Blue Jays will win nine times out of ten.

It's true that the Japanese League has a lot of very talented players. It's also true that the best of the best Japanese players eventually come to MLB, and the majority of them have pretty mediocre careers.

Hideki Matsui of the Yomiuri-Tokyo Giants was the greatest slugger in Japanese Baseball since Sadaharu Oh. He was like the Babe Ruth of the Japan. No one better. Now he's Hideki Matsui of the New York Yankees. He's pretty good. He's made a few all star teams and he puts up pretty good numbers. Not spectacular, but above average, and certainly not the best on his team. The Japanese media pays more attention to him than they do his old team back in Japan.

Daisuke Matzusaka of the Seibu Lions was, hands down, the best pitcher in Japan. No question. Now he's with the Boston Red Sox. Hideo Nomo was such a hude deal when he came over from Japan, and now no MLB team will touch him because he was getting shelled by MLB hitters. There are plenty more, but none of them are big stars. In fact, the only Japanese player to come over here and still be considered a spectacular player is Ichiro Suzuki.

Not to mention, the Japanese Leagues are full of westerners who couldn't cut it in MLB, and are now big stars in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.