Official National Hockey League Thread

Went to the Blues Wings game lastnight.
Damn they looked bad. Slow and sloppy
I've never seen the puck get away from guys more than that game.
And it looked like the puck was bouncing like crazy on both teams.
There were lots of wings fans in the building, pretty damn annoying.

What a game! Nashville were completely outshooting the Rangers, yet they pull a win and Lundqvist gets one hell of a shutout after a lot of work.

What a game! Nashville were completely outshooting the Rangers, yet they pull a win and Lundqvist gets one hell of a shutout after a lot of work.

Can't wait for tonight Habs/Rangers the 2 best teams in the league going head to head. Really looking forward to seeing how Montreal's depth responds because of Gallagher's injury, shame because he was on pace for 30 goals this year.

Can't wait for tonight Habs/Rangers the 2 best teams in the league going head to head. Really looking forward to seeing how Montreal's depth responds because of Gallagher's injury, shame because he was on pace for 30 goals this year.

If Rangers play like they did against Nashville then congratulations to Canadiens but I hope both team brings their A-game because then it will be one hell of a entertaining game.

Neither of those teams are better than Dallas.

Neither of those teams are better than Dallas.

Montreal has the highest scoring offense... and the 5th best GAA. Dallas' Defense is their flaw. Seguin, Benn and Klingberg are the only 3 players on Dallas who are doing anything at all. Ok Maybe Niemi too, but those 3 guys are legit carrying that team, it won't go forever.

They have some pretty good players beyond Seguin, Benn, and Klingberg (Spezza, Sharp, Nichushkin, etc.) but yeah, they're a flawed team. Niemi and Lehtonen are very mediocre, and inconsistent.

They remind me a lot of the 2009-10 Washington Capitals.

Karlsson is on pace for 100 points. The last time a defenseman scored 100+ points was in 1992 (Leetch), and that was in a year where 34 players outscored the 14-15 Art Ross winner.

Alright so I live In Moncton and the Wildcats are our QMJHL team and last night, Zachary Malatesta probably threw the biggest and most clean hit you will ever fucking see. Line Brawl ensues. But watch the hit from a better angle once they show it in slow motion. Absolutely killed the guy.

I don't think it was really charging, he took like 3 strides, but that's not considered charging. The hit was clean though shoulder on chest. DE-STROYED!

Dude he lined him up from across the rink and then only begun to slow down once he got close

lol He took 3 strides, adjusted his angle and maybe took a half stride more. That's not charging. (The 3 strides rule has always been around) Charging is literally skating across the ice with non stop strides to lay a guy out. (Lucic on Miller?) This wasn't even close to charging. This was a good ol fashioned hockey check. And let's not forget the fact that the guy saw him coming. Malatesta didn't get a penalty for the hit.

He literally took himself out of position by the bench to charge the guy and destroy him..it was a bad hockey play that was rewarded with a brawl. Probably would have been a 3 on 1, that is not a hockey play, it's a silly hitting play.

You literally sound like you want hitting out of the game... So you would of just let him skate up the ice uncontested? Ok then...

Dude had his head up the whole time. The hit was shoulder to chest. Nothing dirty. It's the same thing if a big hit happens a fight or a brawl will ensue. It's part of the game.

Ask any NHL Referee and I guarantee you they'd agree that this wasn't charging.