Official National Hockey League Thread

They gave up nothing rospects/players and a draft pick to get him. It is in no way a bad trade for them. Crosby gets his elite winger for once.

I'm sorry Scott Harrington is nothing? The dude is going to be a top 2 defenseman at some point. They get Kasperi Kapanen who has some pretty good potential, a 1st rounder for 2016 and a 3rd round for 2016. That's hardly giving up anything for a guy who's been known to have the media get to him. The dude's a cancer. Not to mention his defensive side of the game is atrocious.

I just don't think it's going to fit. Their top 6 looks decent, but their bottom 6 is going to struggle unless they get some quality depth. I mean it's going to be hard to do when 5 of your players literally cost you almost 40 mill out of your whole cap. It's ridiculous.

BTW Jay Onrait still thinks Kessel is a Jets fan lol

Last edited by a moderator:
That 1st rounder went away for TOR's 2nd though, which is like maybe 15 spots at most. I keep hearing about this Harrington guy but I don't get it, PIT already has Letang/Cole/Pouliot/Maata as lefties too, why keep the kid?

Prospects make no sense when your 2 best players are nearing 30 and about to slowly digress and kill the chance at another cup. They are going to tank for awhile when Crosby/Malkin are gone, but it is definitely time to win a cup and adding Kessel is so, so huge.

The 3rd line is like Kunitz/Dupuis/Bennett right now, that's pretty good.

Phil Kessel to Pittsburgh lol. I don't care how many Elite top 6 forwards you have, your bottom 6 is going to be ass. I find this to be a bad trade for Pittsburgh.

They can't have Crosby and Malkin playing with garbage wingers their whole careers, that's not the environment you want for two of the top 3-4 players in the world, no matter how bad your depth is. Crosby/Kessel and Malkin/Hörnqvist can probably carry Pittsburgh to many wins on their own.

They can't have Crosby and Malkin playing with garbage wingers their whole careers, that's not the environment you want for two of the top 3-4 players in the world, no matter how bad your depth is. Crosby/Kessel and Malkin/Hörnqvist can probably carry Pittsburgh to many wins on their own.

Is it really worth keeping 5 guys who take literally half the salary cap, It's going to hurt them for the next couple years. They don't have room for anything. Not to mention Pouliot and Maata is going to cost them a ton of money when their entry-level deals expire.

Seems weird that you hope he is a rapist, hope she got raped, just so you can see the Blackhawks go down a peg or two in the NHL.

I have no idea what to think

At first it seemed really bad for Kane, but with this recent rape kit fiasco and the attorney dropping off the case I'm just not taking sides either way

Wings young guns have looked great through three preseason games, hopefully this bodes well for the regular season

Dylan Larkin made the team! Holy shit never thought this would ever happen!

And he's been practicing with Z and Gator? Wow.

Hopefully he plays well enough that it's impossible for GMKH to send him down once Dats/Helm come back

He looked very impressive tonight, 1 goal and 1 assist. Some of that probably has to do with Toronto being terrible tonight, but still.

Habs are looking good. And looks like Semin has new life. He's made some pretty nasty passes tonight against Boston. Oh and Carey Price is being Carey Price, someone needs to tell him it's just the start of the season!