Official National Hockey League Thread

6'8" 220 is like 5'9" 180. I'm 6'2" 205-10. Dude is not heavy at all.

Like I said it doesn't matter how heavy you are, having the balance on your feet is literally all you need. Besides at that height you should be throwing your weight around.

David Desharnais (5'7") doesn't hit, but in the corners the dude's leg strength balance in fending off defenders is fucking insane.

Also, Tinordi is 2 inches shorter than Myers and 5 lbs heavier and he fucking kills people.

wasn't trying to turn this into the art of checking, body mass, lower leg strength etc lol!

Just simply Mr. Nash if you're not producing points, would you mind atleast wearing out the opposition with your heavy frame and hitting. Obviously there are way better checkers in the league that are probably half his size...more importantly many of them don't need to be told to go out and please hit somebody.

tampa shit the bed

simple as that

just failed to show up

Or you know, maybe the Hawks are a good team lol.

It's not like because Stamkos wasn't producing means they weren't showing up. Because Toews and Kane didn't do much this series either. It all came down to Depth and the Hawks just did it better.

Johnson hurt..Kucherov hurt..Stamkos subpar, not a big deal. To go from 1st round to Cup is solid, they'll be awesome next season. Probably win it

MTL really lacks in talent unless Galchenyuk becomes something. Can't imagine Stamkos stays that bad in the playoffs though.

We have talent, it's just they aren't performing besides Price, Pacioretty and Gallagher. Galchenyuk is only 20 years old and he still had 20 goals last year. He's going to be an awesome players in a few years, he just needs a little time.

Plekanec had a decent year considering, the role he was playing, I mean 60 points while playing more defensive minutes than offense is a good season IMO.

De La Rose is going to be a fucking stud in this league. Martin Reway should be making his way to the Big leagues in the next year or so, Tinordi should be making the team if they decide to trade Emelin or Gilbert.

The real issue is up the Middle, Eller has been fucking useless and Desharnais plays well like maybe 25% of the season. it's no secret they need a big top 6 centerman.

And I'm hearing they might be pushing to get O'Reilly to fill that role

And Possibly Eberle for Zach Fucale and a few other players/picks.

It's going to be an interesting draft no doubt about it.

Other than Fucale what can you guys really offer for trade?

I read a lot that Eller is awesome(stats wise of course, Corsi/FF) so not sure I believe ya there! I have heard Gal is playing wing which is weird, when MTL seriously needs top center talent.

Other than Fucale what can you guys really offer for trade?

I read a lot that Eller is awesome(stats wise of course, Corsi/FF) so not sure I believe ya there! I have heard Gal is playing wing which is weird, when MTL seriously needs top center talent.

Yeah Galchenyuk is playing wing, because the last 2 years of junior he was playing wing. And from what I hear he's staying there for the time being. Because when he made the team, the center position was pretty much filled up. He's even said he feels comfortable playing Wing.

Lars Eller, his puck possession to points is good, but he doesn't put up a lot of numbers. 27 points for a guy who should be playing like a top 6 centerman is not enough, especially for the size that he has.

Who do we have besides Fucale? Jarred Tinordi, Martin Reway, Sven Andrighetto, Michael McCarron, Nikita Scherbak (they won't trade him), Charles Hudon (who put up some pretty good numbers in the AHL this year), Tim Bozon, Joonas Nattinen

Guys on the trade block possibly: Plekanec, Emelin so those 2 guys alone could probably haul Eberle here.

It's going to be interesting to see what Bergevin does, because if he does take in a contract, he needs to dump salary.

I wish we would of kept Jiri Sekac over trading him for Smith-Pelly. The dude has real good potential

I don't usually gloat, but the Blackhawks won. They were a better team than all of the other teams. Talk about the Blues, Canadiens, Sabers, Rangers, and whoever else, but the Hawks were better. The best team in the NHL won the cup, and no one should act like they were cheated out of it.

Now it's time to see who ends up with Sharp and Oduya and the others who are leaving Chicago.

Excited for the draft tomorrow. After McDavid and Eichel, and it's going to be chaos. I'm especially interested in seeing where guys like Crouse and Hanifin go.

I'm hoping the Ducks pick up one of Sprong or Bittner at #27.