Official National Hockey League Thread

Too bad Sather ruined your future and the team is done! Tampa has the east on lockdown until we get our shit together

Unfortunately yes.. I still kind of like the Yandle trade but the St. Louis and Nash trade was a backfire.

Edit: But when it comes to drafting then the Rangers must be one of the worst organizations, so I don't know if our picks would have helped us.

Thank jeezus TB won and I don't have to listen to all the networks sucking Queen Hanks ass anymore! Even in losing I've never seen a player get so much attention...sure he's real good at times, but enuff already!!

Ideally I'd like to see Chicago advance and then see TB upset them. But man if it's TB v Anaheim... nobody will watch this!

Unfortunately yes.. I still kind of like the Yandle trade but the St. Louis and Nash trade was a backfire.

Edit: But when it comes to drafting then the Rangers must be one of the worst organizations, so I don't know if our picks would have helped us.

The Yandle trade is dumb because his near equivalent could have been resigned + kept the draft picks. All of those trades were a mistake, except Brassard.

East can win though. Tampa has the best scoring in the playoffs but a clear disadvantage on the back end. I think it's pretty equal, unlike NYR last season

I think that Tampa's weak back end will make them suffer. Also I believe that Keith/Seabrook or Lindholm/Wisniewski will be able to handle Kucherov and Johnson.

Too bad Sather ruined your future and the team is done! Tampa has the east on lockdown until we get our shit together

The problem that Tampa has though, With that much offense, those players are going to get the money contracts, They won't be able to keep all of them. Not sure who's a RFA or whatever, but I'm sure in like a year maybe 2, they are going to have to get rid of some people to keep some of them.

and Sather :lol: Guy does it every year, gets a huge piece that pretty much puts you in a salary cap problem and it never pays off.

I think that Tampa's weak back end will make them suffer. Also I believe that Keith/Seabrook or Lindholm/Wisniewski will be able to handle Kucherov and Johnson.

Wisniewski hasn't played at all during the playoffs, and he probably won't going forward (if they win tonight).

The Ducks defense the entire playoffs:

Lindholm/Beauchemin
Fowler/Despres
Stoner/Vatanen
Wiz

They're not going to break up Lindholm/Beauchemin or Fowler/Despres (Despres essentially took what was going to be Wiz's spot), and they prefer Stoner with Vatanen, so that's left Wiz out.

The problem that Tampa has though, With that much offense, those players are going to get the money contracts, They won't be able to keep all of them. Not sure who's a RFA or whatever, but I'm sure in like a year maybe 2, they are going to have to get rid of some people to keep some of them.

Yeah, not to mention Stamkos's new deal. They won't be as deep in 3 years, for sure.

and Sather :lol: Guy does it every year, gets a huge piece that pretty much puts you in a salary cap problem and it never pays off.

... and yet Sather was nominated for GM of the Year. :lol:

Well what do you know... I thought Wiz were one of the main pieces in Ducks. Anyhow my point is, Chicago and Ducks have solid defense to choke Johnson and his crew. Also Bishop might have the worst rebound control in NHL so crash the net.

... no no Krig, this is what we wanted. Make it that much sweeter when TB upsets them.

like that's a real fuckn chance jeezus.

... and yet Sather was nominated for GM of the Year. :lol:

Pretty sure Bob Murray is winning it anyways. Bringing in Bruce Boudreau and getting players like Ryan Kesler and the depth trades he did at the deadline were fantastic, it's a shame they didn't go further though.

Jeff Petry is a hab for the next 6 years, Good move Bergevin!

I like this, this will decrease Markov's minutes, because judging by Petry being able to play close/over 30 mins a game during the playoffs, i'd expect Markov to have a decrease in ice time, to give him a little more gas come playoff time.

Such a joke organization(until Chiarelli hire) and i'm still upset they were gifted McD over ARZ or any other lottery team.

It's funny how Edmonton traded arguably their best defenseman. lol

He wasn't being treated well there if you ask me, they sat him a few games! Really? the guy obviously had potential and we saw exactly what he's able to do, once he got over to Montreal.

All for a 2nd round pick. It's amazing how Bergevin hasn't really traded any like notable players in return for another. Besides the Sekac/Smith-Pelly trade. He's really only given up draft picks.

It's funny how Edmonton traded arguably their best defenseman. lol

Yeah i agree. But at the same time, I think Darnell Nurse is going to flourish into an excellent top defenseman with Edmonton. Todd Mclellan is going to coach that team the way it should be coached. Edmonton hockey might be fun to watch this year.