Official National Hockey League Thread

what a shitty set of teams for the conference finals

No way totally disagree!

I mean I was hoping for the Caps who sure played well enough to win and can make the argument they're the best E. conf all around team but shit you have easily the 2 best teams in one conf. and now the Rangers who are no slouch with a bunch of gamers going against an entertaining underrated solid team featuring an elite scorer in Stamkos. Let's go TB!

i mean strictly from a personal perspective

fuck anaheim and chicago
new york teams just no desire to cheer them on
tampa - after how dirty they played the wings not cheering them on even with Yzerman GMing them

I'm happy with anyone except Chicago to win it. Maybe I'm rooting a bit extra for the Rangers because I want Lundqvist to get a cup. A cup along with his Vezina, Olympic gold and overall consistency over the last 10 years would make him a top 10 goalie of all time.

I get ya Mort and echo some of those same sentiments. If this ended up Mon v NY I'd probably have to turn away lol. But that aside and as far as a pure entertaining and match-up situation goes...think we could be in for a real treat.

Fuck yes, what a game!
Also fuck the west, it's carved in stone which teams that can make it to the finals. Any from east that makes it to the playoffs can bring it to the finals.

NYR is almost as much of a joke as MTL. Hopefully the Caps make it, it would be good for Ovi to get to the Cup. Don't think anyone is stopping the winner out of the west though.

TBL is going to probably be the best team in the east for at least 3 more seasons, they are not "lucky" to skate by. MTL depended on Carey PRice all year and you're going to say they are a more complete team than the Lightning? Habs bias is crazy

You clearly didn't watch the series. Montreal dominated 5 on 5 play in 4 of the 6 games, 10 posts throughout the series, the most obvious missed offside in Game 1. If it wasn't for all that. Montreal probably wins the series in 5.

I never said we had a better offense then them, but stop acting like the Lightning were so much better, because the truth is they weren't.

All Montreal needs is a top line centerman, and a scoring winger. Couple that with a better Powerplay next year, and this team becomes the beast in the east like they are supposed to.

the scheduling is stupid btw. Ducks and Hawks have been off for what 5 days now? And they only play Sunday? Fucking stupid.

6Lzd64B.jpg

Is that a lifetime contract? No coach is worth that much money without a front office to match.

Hawks/Ducks seems destined for seven like last year's Hawks/Kings series. I don't get when the road crowd does the "Crawwwwwforrrrd" chants when he's stonewalling your ass. The Minnesota fans did this while being shut out. It's not my favorite chant, but it works when you score on a guy in the first 10 minutes of the game.

Loved the header goal. Obviously it should not have counted, but it was a great moment.

Rumor is Buffalo has offered Babcock a contract worth 50 million
Jesus

bye bye babs

Leafs are matching that aswell. Although I heard Detroit was offering like 4 mill a year for the next 5 years. So it's a pretty much a bidding war between San Jose, Detroit, Toronto and Buffalo. Where he goes, who knows.

cannot believe he went to toronto

buffalo is pretty pissed, thought they had a deal done in principle and lolnope

I don't know why he'd choose Toronto over Buffalo when the Sabres future is MUCH brighter than the Leafs.

He probably likes the idea of becoming a demigod if he wins the Cup in Toronto, and it's not like the Leafs are totally barren, they still have the 4th pick, Nylander, Rielly, and whatever they get back for Kessel, Phaneuf, Bozak, and/or JVR (unless they keep them all, which would be stupid).

Hawks/Ducks seems destined for seven like last year's Hawks/Kings series. I don't get when the road crowd does the "Crawwwwwforrrrd" chants when he's stonewalling your ass.

I think people who chant that think the goalie is going to be intimidated or some shit. Most people on this planet are retards...