Official National Hockey League Thread

Might be the league letting us know were getting Babcock!!!

Babcock isn't going anywhere and if he does it's not to a team like Buffalo. I'd say he'd go to a team like St. Louis if Hitchcock gets the boot. Hell I'd even say maybe Edmonton depending on how that plays out at the draft.

So thoughts on 2nd round series?

NYR vs WSH - NYR in 6
MTL vs TB - MTL in... 7
CHI vs MIN - CHI in 6
ANA vs CGY - ANA in.. 6

Babcock isn't going anywhere and if he does it's not to a team like Buffalo. I'd say he'd go to a team like St. Louis if Hitchcock gets the boot. Hell I'd even say maybe Edmonton depending on how that plays out at the draft.

If Buffalo offers the most money, I could see him going there. They will have Eichel + Reinhart, which is a real nice duo down the middle.

I doubt he stays at DET. STL is our only real threat, but i'd rather be part of the Sabres future than the Blues. Unless they get some amazing pieces via trade this off season, we are looking like the next Tampa Bay.

I doubt he stays at DET. STL is our only real threat, but i'd rather be part of the Sabres future than the Blues. Unless they get some amazing pieces via trade this off season, we are looking like the next Tampa Bay.

St. Louis has a good team though it's just hitchcock doesn't know how to handle a team with so much quality players in the playoffs. Babcock could definitely make that team into a real cup contender for years with the roster they have. Because quite frankly I see nothing wrong with that team besides the way they were coached.

As for my predictions:

Habs in 6
Capitals in 7
Wild in 7
Ducks in 5

@ Sys Riff did you see Babcock's post-game press con? ...no way he is staying there in Detroit.. be very surprised if he did.

Anyhoo, wow what a finish to the Rangers / Caps game. Thought it was deserving for the Caps. Rangers were way to passive and soft for imo most of this game.

Also, if Ovechkin played his whole career the way he is playing now and in these playoffs... wow! Sure his goal production wouldve probably suffered a bit but he would easily be the most dominant complete player the likes the NHL has ever seen.

You already got one freebie, be lucky it even went to OT.

If you're implying that the disallowed goal was a good goal you're a dumbass. Price made the initial save and Kutcherov pushed his right pad into the net, preventing him from keeping his pad against the post to keep the puck out. The call was the right one.

And I think it's the other way around. Tampa is lucky it went to OT, because Ben Bishop saved their ass, Montreal could of easily been up 4-0 in the first. Montreal dominated the majority of the game.