Ok so lets talk NHL Playoffs

Obviously as the resident Canucks fan, I'd like to think that we have a very strong shot at hitting the conference finals, if not the stanley cup finals. We have a super strong offense, second only to Washington. Our Defense has dwindled at the average level, especially with all our back end injuries. Luongo is my largest worry, as he's been inconsistent this year, and not playing as well as he obviously is expected to. Though I've never been a fan of Luongo, I think he may surprise, showing up rested and determined to prove that he can do it this year.

As for true stats are concerned, Chicago and Phoenix are going to be the big stories out of the West, while the Predators will surprise. Out of the East, Washington is the team to beat. I say Ottawa may surprise, but against Pittsburgh, I'm skeptical.

3224_83721671874_503016874_2151715_2284005_n.jpg

Here's this year's EA Sports Predictions from their games:

Conference Quarterfinals
Capitals def. Canadiens, 4-0
Penguins def. Senators, 4-0
Sabres def. Bruins, 4-2
Flyers def. Devils, 4-3
Avalanche def. Sharks, 4-2
Red Wings def. Coyotes, 4-2
Canucks def. Kings, 4-1
Blackhawks def. Predators, 4-2

Conference Semifinals
Capitals def. Flyers, 4-2
Penguins def. Sabres, 4-2
Canucks def. Red Wings, 4-2
Blackhawks def. Avalanche, 4-0

Conference Finals
Penguins def. Capitals, 4-3
Blackhawks def. Canucks, 4-3

Stanley Cup Final
Game 1 -- Chicago 3, Pittsburgh 2 (OT)
Game 2 -- Pittsburgh 2, Chicago 1
Game 3 -- Chicago 4, Pittsburgh 1
Game 4 -- Pittsburgh 5, Chicago 2
Game 5 -- Chicago 5, Pittsburgh 1
Game 6 -- Pittsburgh 4, Chicago 3 (OT)
Game 7 -- Chicago 2, Pittsburgh 1 (OT)

I root for the Canucks.. not that I know a lot about NHL anymore - I stopped following it when I quit playing the videogame... but the canucks have the Sedin twins, who are Swedish... I really don't know what I'm talking about though, so I'll shut up now.

Avalanche defeat Sharks in 6. The Avalanche have a roster full of rookies who don't know any better and have no pressure, making the playoffs even with a first round sweep will still be considered a success. Sharks won't shake their playoff woes this year. Joe Thornton was a bust in Boston and they look smarter and smarter every year for dumping him. Watch for the Avs to possibly spoil a team or two's chances.

Bruins defeat Buffalo in 6. Boston is possibly the most dangerous team in the East aside from the Capitals as they have hit their stride & are peaking at the best time, versus last year when they started to lose it with 15 games left. Not to mention Rask is a machine and a rookie goaltender who doesn't know any better can spell disaster for any team shooting on him.

Detroit is peaking in the west at the right time. Everyone thought they were too old and ready to be dismantled at the end of this year, but injuries kept this team down and really held back the chemistry from developing. I think Detroit will come out of the West again (ugh).

I think the Western Conference side of it is going to be interesting....Phoenix and Colorado could make some noise, but I think that it will come down to San Jose and Chicago in the end. San Jose has underachieved for so long, and they have to make a deep run this year. In the East, I think that Pittsburgh/Washington is going to be the matchup that everybody wants to see, just for the star power of Crosby and Ovechkin - but they are also the 2 best teams for sure.

I'm hoping for a Penguins/Sharks matchup for The Cup, but my gut says Washington/Chicago.

I don't care if we're no good now, we've got teh yummy Mike Modano :tickled:

It really was sweet when we won the Stanley cup back in 1999 though. I'll never forget the parade we had downtown. Dimebag and Vinnie Paul were up on a float jamming the theme song they made. Ah, memories. I know the majority of people here love to hate Dimebag, but it was a really cool moment.

Suck it!
:kickass:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't care if we're no good now, we've got teh yummy Mike Modano :tickled:

It really was sweet when we won the Stanley cup back in 1999 though. I'll never forget the parade we had downtown. Dimebag and Vinnie Paul were up on a float jamming the theme song they made. Ah, memories. I know the majority of people here love to hate Dimebag, but it was a really cool moment.

Suck it!
:kickass:

How can anybody hate the legendary Dimebag ???? R.I.P. brother.....

Last edited by a moderator: