Old school death metal

Mortuary - Blackened Images

Yes.

Electrocution's Inside the Unreal is a hidden treasure. Makes me think about what Beneath the Remains might have sounded like if Sepultura still played pure, unadulterated Death fucking Metal.

A few other gems:

Aggressor - Procreate The Petrifactions
Blasphereion - Rest In Peace
Gutted - Blood For Us To Live
Krabathor - Only Our Death Is Welcome

Man Rogga Johansson really did great with this Demiurg album, solid atmospheric Swedeath with really nice subtle melodies that are really well placed. Called Breath of the Demiurg :) Good shit, check it out.

Necrophobic's The Nocturnal Silence is badass :headbang:. Darkside also seems to be overlooked in their discography, not as good as TNS but still very solid.

Also, I wish their were more guitar tabs for this band.

Right now I've got a pretty solid trifecta of old school DM that dominates my speakers:

God Macabre - The Winterlong
Demigod - Slumber of Sullen Eyes
Adramelech - Psychostasia

These three albums do so much more for me than any other old school DM albums I've heard.

Demigod - Slumber of Sullen Eyes
Adramelech - Psychostasia
Demilich - Nespithe

This would be my trifecta.

Necrophobic's The Nocturnal Silence is badass :headbang:. Darkside also seems to be overlooked in their discography, not as good as TNS but still very solid.

Also, I wish their were more guitar tabs for this band.
You only now discovered Necrophobic? Wow. Well, it's better late than never. Everything I've heard from them has been decent, but yea TNS is their signature masterpiece.

You only now discovered Necrophobic? Wow. Well, it's better late than never. Everything I've heard from them has been decent, but yea TNS is their signature masterpiece.

No, I've had TNS for the longest time I just never really gave it enough attention.

I just recently discovered them, and I love 'em. Not quite as much as Dissection for the top blackened death spot, but still wonderful. Hrimthursum was a nice surprise.

Everybody needs to listen to Goatlord, the most evil, disgusting doom/death metal that was ever put to tape.