Old school death metal

I like Incantation, Immolation, Suffocation....
I've been so into black metal lately that when one of those bands comes on my winamp I about break my neck from banging!!!

I got mine for 12 dollars from some obscure L.A. based distro, they had like two copies after I bought it then I think someone from here bought a copy and a friend of mine bought the other.

Yeah, I try not to spend too much on individual CDs but there are the occasional few I will drop a good amount of money on. Belenos - Spicilege and Errances Oniriques I spent next to 40 on, not individually but 20 is still a bit pricy for CDs when the average buying price I get is around 10-12 dollars.

Send me your originals list, my pals.

Did you ever get a hold of that Wicked Innocence CD you wanted?

1. No

2. I am not a my pals

3. I have had wicked innocence 'omnipotence' on cd for a few years now nor paid a lot of money or had any trouble finding it.

You were born in 89 and you're the one trying to explain the term thrash and things like that. Wow...no wonder you have to base your opinions on some websites. :rolleyes:
Yes, good insult.

And historians get their opinions from old scriptures. Those invalid numbskulls! YOU JUST HAD TO BE THERE MAN OR YOU WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND THRASH 4 LYFE!!!!!

What were you trying to say again, friend?

Well pretty much the entire basis of the ANUS argument seems to rest on the shoulders of the idea that they know the way that the terms "Speed" and "Thrash" were used, say, circa 82-83, colloquially, so I think there is at least some validity to that sentiment.

Yes, good insult.

And historians get their opinions from old scriptures. Those invalid numbskulls! YOU JUST HAD TO BE THERE MAN OR YOU WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND THRASH 4 LYFE!!!!!

What were you trying to say again, friend?

I just love message boards...

No you don't HAVE to be there to understand something. BUT one would assume that it helps, doens't it? How can someone argue that much over something that he only has read about and believes to to be 100%. How can you be so sure that the source you're using is the one truth.

Now historians do a lot of research and base themselves on many things. Did they ahve to be there for everything to understand? Once again no...but are they 100% correct on everything they interpret and analyse...I would have to guess that they aren't accurate on everything.

Now get off your high horses.

No you don't HAVE to be there to understand something. BUT one would assume that it helps, doens't it?

Tell that to some of those psycho 'Nam vets out there that think they know everything about the war (like, for example, we won it!).

Most people can't discern everything they take part in, because for almost all people it's very hard to see the 'bigger picture' in any event of actions they are taking.

And historians fuck up a great deal..they just don't tell people that much :lol:

No you don't HAVE to be there to understand something. BUT one would assume that it helps, doens't it? How can someone argue that much over something that he only has read about and believes to to be 100%. How can you be so sure that the source you're using is the one truth.

Now historians do a lot of research and base themselves on many things. Did they ahve to be there for everything to understand? Once again no...but are they 100% correct on everything they interpret and analyse...I would have to guess that they aren't accurate on everything.

Now get off your high horses.
Why does something have to be "100% correct" for it to be valid? You have mentioned this twice, so I assume you are one of those people who require certainty before something is useful. Are you lacking in your own judgement, so much so that you need something to be fully demonstrated before you can perceive truth and/or actuality?

How can I be sure the source I am using is the Truth? I cannot, because I trust my judgement enough, I also read widely and the rest takes care of itself.

Get off my high horse? Yes sir. You fell off yours the moment you started running your mouth to a minor and made a full of yourself in the process.

Reactions: byrne
Wow this thread has been derailed a few times already.

to the guy who posted the Solace of Requiem band I checked out one song. It was pretty decent but I would hardly call it "old school" death metal. It was released in 06 for fucks sake. However I'd still be interested in hearing the rest of the album.

Right now I've got a pretty solid trifecta of old school DM that dominates my speakers:

God Macabre - The Winterlong
Demigod - Slumber of Sullen Eyes
Adramelech - Psychostasia

These three albums do so much more for me than any other old school DM albums I've heard.