Old school death metal

dark bliss is 100% right in this thread, even if you are too much of a thundercunt to admit it. there is a herdist following to nespithe. im not going to single any single person out, because you cant tell who is from who isnt, but the album is fucktardedly overpraised. muscially solid + vocally unlistenable = ok album, not the greatest piece of art to have ever existed as many of you seem to claim

Nespithe is great. I still prefere the following finland death metal albums over 'nespithe'.

Amorphis-the karelian isthmus
Demigod-slumber of sullen eyes
Adramelech-psychostasia
Sentenced-shadows of the past,north from here
Funebre-children of the scorn

dark bliss is 100% right in this thread, even if you are too much of a thundercunt to admit it. there is a herdist following to nespithe.

The herdist following does exist, it's true, but I suppose it was unfair of me to quote Mort Divine's post in particular as an example of this since in general when it comes to other albums, he isn't a victim of this tendency.

So yeah, I was listening to Beyond The Veil on the commute today, good shit am i rite. The German accent is funny.

Funebrarum's Beneath the Columns of Abandoned Gods is fucking great. A relatively recent release but it certainly has that old school sound and aura. Highly recommended.

Definitely. They also recently put out (I think it's out) a split album, and what I've heard is quite good.

Lemming Project - Hate & Despise is oft-underrated, heavy, deep Swedish-via-German death metal. Spin it.

In-Quest's first two albums are fantastic pieces of art, also. Highly recommended. I won't stop mentioning them until people listen!

Lemming Project - Hate & Despise is oft-underrated, heavy, deep Swedish-via-German death metal. Spin it.

In-Quest's first two albums are fantastic pieces of art, also. Highly recommended. I won't stop mentioning them until people listen!

I've heard Excrusion: Battlehymns a few times but it hasn't really caught my attention yet. I'll have to give it some more spins.

I'll also check out Lemming Project, thanks for the rec.

There should totally be more talk about Traumatic Voyage. Cheers to this board for turning me onto them...now if only anything but their first two albums was possible to find.

Listening to Unanimated - Ancient God of Evil

Most people here have heard it. For those who haven't it's pretty simple stuff and highly derivative of the melodic death / black from At the Gates / Eucharist / Dissection, but fucking good.