Old school death metal

Not much sadly

Something tells me you just haven't heard enough to make such a sweeping generalization. And I wholeheartedly agree with the Deicide and Obituary haters-these bands are boring as hell. My patience with them has not been rewarded. The weirdass technical Finns are also overrated, though.

Start with slaughter in the vatican and wreck your neck

it will kick your fucking ass

Fuck all of you who don't like Deicide's first two and at least Obituary's first two. You don't fucking know shit about Death Metal without a proper appreciation of these albums.

[/half sincere]

There's difference between liking and appreciating. I appreciate "Deicide" and "Legion" I just don't like them. Same goes for Suffocation, I appreciate a lot of there stuff I just don't like it very much. As for Obituary, I thought "Slowly We Rot" and "Cause of Death" were excellent, I just hate all the rest of their material.

I was just thinking Grave 'you'll never see' might possibly be the best swedish death metal album and one of the best period, this album is the essense of all that is death metal, morbid, eerie, creepy, crushing,heavy and better than into the grave which is still a great cd. I think 'you'll never see' is one if not Tomas Skogsberg's best production job on a death metal cd and sound wise it's better than pretty much any death metal of the time. Newer death metal cds do not even have as much crisp tight crunchy production as this and it was released in 1992.