Old school death metal

Just got remastered & reissued w/ bonus tracks (3 demos, including the version of "The Stench of Paradise Burning" that was on the old "Death is Just the Beginning" comp (I think)). Sounds fantastic...

Same company (Metal Mind Productions) also reissued the first two Gorguts albums and the Pestilence best-of, "Mind Reflections".

Yeah they also reissued Sadus - Swallowed In black...with the cd containing the music of the another sadus album "A Vision Of Misery". :erk:

Besides that I think their reissues have been quite good. And the selection of material they reissue is of high quality.

That's their best IMO. I like it A LOT better than Obscura, which I actually consider to be their worst album (though I still like it).
Considered Dead is quite pedestrian and typical for a band like Gorguts, though it's alright I suppose. I don't listen to it a lot. The Erosion of Sanity is great- a lot more interesting in the songwriting department and Obscura is well ....it's fucking Obscura.

why do people always recommend or bring up none so vile, that album is complete ass compared to whisper supremacy

Sodom and Kreator are thrash bands. I can see how they influenced death metal(along with destruction,slayer) but they're not death metal bands.

That's their best IMO. I like it A LOT better than Obscura, which I actually consider to be their worst album (though I still like it).

Obscura is weird and different and I think that is why people like it so much. I personally don't give shit and considered dead is their most enjoyable album to me.

I'm just listening to Revenant's Prophecies of a Dying World, and while it may or may not be considered Death Metal (kinda b/w Death and Thrash I'd say) it's a pretty solid album.

I can't give a really educated, in depth analysis of Death Metal, but back in its heyday, I liked albums from Suffocation, Morbid Angel & Deicide....I love the musicianship & skill of good Death Metal, but I don't put a lot of time into it...

Obscura is weird and different and I think that is why people like it so much. I personally don't give shit and considered dead is their most enjoyable album to me.
ha. that's exactly why I think Nespithe is so lauded. Unfortunately imo, it sounds like a broken record and Obscura is 1000 times more coherent and fascinating.

Because you subscribe to the anal view that the term Thrash was used exclusively for what is generally considered Crossover, and you're too stubborn and full of yourself to allow people to use the terms as they're understood instead of the was that ANUS interprets them. Let's not have this debate though, as not only has it been done to death and it's completely pointless, but it's off topic.

Because you subscribe to the anal view that the term Thrash was used exclusively for what is generally considered Crossover, and you're too stubborn and full of yourself to allow people to use the terms as they're understood instead of the was that ANUS interprets them. Let's not have this debate though, as not only has it been done to death and it's completely pointless, but it's off topic.

Excellent post. :kickass:

Thrash included DRI, Discharge, Cryptic Slaugter, Dead Brain Cells, Amebix... I do not understand how Sodom and Kreator sound like these.

sodom and kreator = speed metal
thrash = DRI, cryptic slaughter etc...

I totally believe this

The term 'Thrash' means to skate. Why insist on using revisionist history? This has nothing to do with an 'ANUS intepretation' - the definition was widely used in the early-mid 80s. I think you, sir, are the one that is going against the 'common' definition. Most people think of skating (let us not exclusively use stubborn and ignorant Metalheads as the yardstick here) when they hear the word thrash used.

exactly

I just call speed metal thrash so not to start a huge argument everytime slayer or possessed are mentioned

thrash has always been a term related to skateboarding (punk music) - speed metal has been mislabeled as thrash for about 20 + years now thanks to ignorant magazines + media (because "thrash" is "cooler" to say than speed metal I guess)