Opeth and religion

What is your religious worldview?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
TheUnforgiven said:
I allways felt a strong connection with the dEvil(trough my thoughts and actions). Im a rebel and a false martyr, a deciver and a self-indulgent creep. I can indentify with Satan and his wicked ways and thats why I "worship" him.

Satan's gay, so are you

Abhorsen said:
it's just one mythology. The dying/reborn god myth is hardly unique to christianity.
my point was, if somebody believes in satan (who is described in the bible and just about nowhere else with an attitude of seriousness), then if you believe that part, why not the other part which also includes this figure? and if rationally you do, then you know you've picked a dead-end road, imo. admittedly a 'fun' one, but certainly a finite one.

TheUnforgiven said:
...and to answer your question I dont regard anyones life as worthy or valuable, so I am capable of murder.

duuude, you are sooo cool

so what happens when someone murders your mother

Kenneth R. said:
my point was, if somebody believes in satan (who is described in the bible and just about nowhere else with an attitude of seriousness), then if you believe that part, why not the other part which also includes this figure? and if rationally you do, then you know you've picked a dead-end road, imo. admittedly a 'fun' one, but certainly a finite one.

that's true Ken. I misread your post and what it was replying to initially.

I know which path I choosen and I dont think it will be a happy ending. Im not saying this to be "cool", its just who I am, it is in my nature to lean towards evil things.:mad:

and in reply to two other posts: I dont value anyones life not even my parents, but if someone did kill my mother I would certainly seek revenge.
And yes, one of the abominations of god, and deceits of satan is homosexuallity,
but I could never lay with another man, for me thats wrong on too many levels not just religious.

You can love me or hate me I couldnt care less.

This guy's just too grim and frostbitten to be true. Couldn't you start a black metal band and eat the brains of one of your bandmembers?

I'm a realist. I believe that there is a source for everything, one true source which is light and love.....in the absence of that there is nothing. The whole light/love thing sounds very gay but could you imagine an eternity without it??? How fucking boring is that?!
I dabble in magick, astral projection and the Enochian system so I have a fair idea of what to expect on the other side......I definately dont want to believe in the devil myth/illusion, why in hell would you want to?

Kenneth R. said:
what do you think is on the 'other side' and if light is key, why is more than 99% of the universe a black void?

It's dubious as to how accurate those statistics are.....we've probably viewed less than 1% of the universe, we're still discovering 'planets' in our own solar system!!
Back to the subject though, all it takes is a bit of logic and common sense (and of course you'd need to stop the stupid teenage rebellion issue) and you'll see that darkness and eternal damnation is not particularly pleasant.

Treitan said:
Back to the subject though, all it takes is a bit of logic and common sense (and of course you'd need to stop the stupid teenage rebellion issue) and you'll see that darkness and eternal damnation is not particularly pleasant.
you have a point here that i've always agreed with.

Opethian666 said:
This guy's just too grim and frostbitten to be true. Couldn't you start a black metal band and eat the brains of one of your bandmembers?
I think he's actually too grim and frostbitten for any other BM enthusiasts to go near, so he'd be forced to sit there grimly spooning his own brains into his mouth until he has a tapping fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.