Opthe newbie advice

^Still Life has consistently won polls here on UM and at opethforum for as long as I've been around. So I would say that is usually everyone's favorite.

Yo reidie,

Just got Still Life...good stuff...very similar to Blackwater Park, actually...can't say I like it better...need a few more listens to make a decision, but I do like it...thanks for the advice...I got a brand new digipack on eBay for 8.99 with shipping...can't beat that.

Thanks again!:headbang:

Schenka

schenkadere said:
Yo reidie,

Just got Still Life...good stuff...very similar to Blackwater Park, actually...can't say I like it better...need a few more listens to make a decision, but I do like it...thanks for the advice...I got a brand new digipack on eBay for 8.99 with shipping...can't beat that.

Thanks again!:headbang:

Schenka

No worries mate,
I must admit it took awhile to grow on me, the song structures arent quite as accessable as those on blackwater park (eg Bleak) but after a while the strenght of the material will have you over :headbang:

pogopuggie said:
That's exactly how I got into them!
But I'd say that if you're after the nice mix go Blackwater Park.
It's a pity you couldn't digest damnation, I adore it personally. It's not for everyone that's for sure- my father loathes it "monotonous, dreary 'dinge' music" he said.
How old are you? Maybe it's a generational thing.

My dad (who's in his mid-50's) loves damnation, especially Windowpane..