Recommend me some death metal (Not a generic thread)

EternalEnemy

New Metal Member
Aug 2, 2004
Yeah, well Altars Of Madness and Dawn Of Possession kind of sound alike? At least to me they do, and i would dare to say that those two releases are pretty much the same style, not only the same genre.

So, the deal is simple: Recommend me something that would sound like those.

Now, i believe there is no reason to say "USE TEH SEARCH FAG11!!!1!!!" or "READ OTHER RECOMMENDATIONS FUCKE N RETARD!!!11!!!", because this is not a generic one.

Shoot.

For death metal inspired by Morbid Angel, give such bands as Angel Corpse, Nocturnus, The Chasm (their more recent material) and Shub Niggurath a try.

The early bands in the style of NYDM (like Immolation) would include the likes of Baphomet, Morphues Descends and Goreaphobia.

I've read somewhere that the sound of the band Coffin Texts been compared with Dawn of Possession. Something i need to check out myself.

It's probably a little more Melodic then what you're looking for but I'd reccomend The Crown, not as melodic as other Swedish death metal bands and they have some great drum work and guitar solos.

Funeral Portrait said:
Just listen to Intestine Baalism. Because I say so :)

Of course, because melodic death/melodeath/(other shit that basically describes shitty power metal with death vocals) sounds exactly like what he's looking for.

Massacre - From Beyond is a good way to go.

I don't think Dawn of Possession and Altars of Madness sound anything alike. If you want something like a more aggressive version of Altars of Madness, check out Angelcorpse - The Inexorable, or Anwyl - Postmortem Apocalypse.

Jean-Pierre said:
Of course, because melodic death/melodeath/(other shit that basically describes shitty power metal with death vocals) sounds exactly like what he's looking for.

You're a fuckin moron :lol:

My Death Metal recomendations.

Bloodbath-Nightmares Made Flesh(The best DM cd in years, YEARS) FINALLY someone steps up and gives what oldscool fans want. Dan Swano is one of the three guitarists on this album, what more can you ask for.
Pestilence-Consuming Impulse
Cryptopsy-None So Vile
Brutality-Screams of Anguish,When The Sky Turns Black
Suffocation-Effigy of The Forgotten,Pierced From Within
Morbid Angel-Blessed Are The Sick
Autopsy-Mental Funeral
Entombed-Clandestine
Dismember-Like An Everflowing Stream
Immolation-Here In After,Unholy Cult,Harnessing Ruin,Close To A World Below
Edge of Sanity-Crimson 2,Unorthodox,Spectral Sorrows
Gorguts-Erosion of Sanity,From Wisdome To Hate,Considered Dead
Adramelech-Pyschostasia
Cannibal Corpse-The Bleeding
Grave-Fiendish Regression,You'll Never See
Wicked Innocence-Omnipotence
Monstrosity-Imperial Doom
Incantation-Onward To Golgotha,Mortal Throne of Nazarene,Diabolical Conquest
Skinless-Foreshadowing Our Demise
Nocturnus-The Key
Death-Spiritual Healing
Demigod-Slumber of The Sullen Eyes
Carcass-Necroticism
Bolt Thrower-War Master,For Victory
Obituary-Slowly We Rot,Cause of Death
Unleashed-Where No Life Dwells,Shadows in the Deep
Fleshcrawl-Descend Into the Absurd

Let me add bands that sound like Iron Maiden with raspy vocals are not death metal. Does that sound very 'Death Metal' too you,. You fucking idiot

The Greys said:
Let me add bands that sound like Iron Maiden with raspy vocals are not death metal. Does that sound very 'Death Metal' too you,. You fucking idiot

And where does Arghoslent fit in this grand theory of yours :confused:

Absolutely not. I simply recommended something I have been enjoying lately, and since I also enjoy the albums he mentioned I decided to list them.

In the mean time, grow up a little alright champ? Your "double anal" antic truly shows your age and immaturity.