Satyricon

Yeah, definitely rock. There is nothing black about it, what-so-fucking-ever!

As for Satyricon, the only two albums they have with any sort of musical integrity and value at all, are the first two. I prefer the second album, "The Shadowthrone", myself, but mainly for the greatness that is "Vikingland". "Nemesis Divina", and more accurately, the song "Mother North" was a huuuuge sell-out. I won't go into details here, but droneriot over at M-A forumlated my thoughts on it PERFECTLY in his review on the single.

Yeah, definitely rock. There is nothing black about it, what-so-fucking-ever!

Want rock? get some pussy emofaggot My Chemical Romance or some shit...

For me this is what black metal is all about.....
it dosnt have to sound shitty,be ultra satanic or underground to be black metal. Satyricon was there from the start with "Dark Medieval Times" and have evolved into something better then these other "true Norwegian black metal" bands. Im wondering what your calling bands like "Cradle of Filth", Disco?

Want rock? get some pussy emofaggot My Chemical Romance or some shit...

For me this is what black metal is all about.....
it dosnt have to sound shitty,be ultra satanic or underground to be black metal. Satyricon was there from the start with "Dark Medieval Times" and have evolved into something better then these other "true Norwegian black metal" bands. Im wondering what your calling bands like "Cradle of Filth", Disco?

Umm I don't think you really understand what constitutes "rock" or "black metal".

I like Mother North a lot, I love that riff(you know what I'm talking about lol) as well everything else in the song. I like what I heard offf DMT from listening to Blakc ?Metal Radio, the acoustic parts will take me some getting used to I think, The Shadowthrone sounded good when I sampled it.

Satyricons later works are Black n Roll - They mix elements of both genres, you cant simply lump an album such as Now, Diabolical into the same genre Guns n Roses and the like.

I only have nemesis divina,volcano and now diabolical enjoying them all. Sometimes I drink beer and listen to volcano and want to kill pregnant christian females.

No, it's just The Greys for you.

And on genre, Black Metal like I said is an ideology. Ideologically Now, Diabolical is Black Metal. Sound-wise and musically? Closer to rock, I will admit. But since the ideology stands strong Black Metal is still the genre.

No, it's just The Greys for you.

And on genre, Black Metal like I said is an ideology. Ideologically Now, Diabolical is Black Metal. Sound-wise and musically? Closer to rock, I will admit. But since the ideology stands strong Black Metal is still the genre.

Though I prefer to label the album as black metal, it's mainly the music itself that determines the genre.

I rarely drink at the computer so if saying retarded things on the internet it's because I am sober and my sanity level went down the drain from being sober to long.

I'm sure you don't either. Black Metal is based on ideology not on sound. Learn your facts :kickass:

man will you stop trying to argue this fucking retarded ANUS bullshit when you don't even understand it

the idea is that ALL MUSIC is representative of ideology, and the sound of black metal is reflective of a SPECIFIC ideology. later satyricon is clearly aesthetically NOT BLACK METAL which is representative of an IDEOLOGICAL SHIFT! specifically, the verse/chorus/verse structures and catchy, simplistic riffs are representative of a shift to a more POPULIST and COMMERCIAL strain of thought! this is pretty fucking clear to me; satyricon are fuckin sellouts!

if i make a fuckin indie pop record about destruction of christianity and social darwinism am i a fuckin blackmetal band?

First off, I wasn't trying your supposed "ANUS bullshit". I have frequented ANUS a few times and find some of their articles intresting, I wouldn't find myself knowledgeable or intrested enough to follow or preach what they believe. I was going by my own beliefs on Black Metal, and what I believe is what black metal is realy about.

Now, first off, whether they are sellouts or not is debateable. I would argue not as they have not changed their principles in message, they have changed their sound. Just because they don't stay the same for years after hte collapse of their scene (I said collapse, not death) doesn't mean they are any less black metal. They are just part of a diffrent evolution of it.

Now for your indie pop record comment, it depends on the message, meaning behind it, and how it's conveyed. If the message is more then teenage angst sprouting out of a shithole of a mouth, and they actualy have an understanding of what the fuck they are talking about, and they're not just being dumb shits about it, then I will say yes, they are still black metal cause they follow the message and ideology. Who cares the form it's broughten out in, it's the message that is being conveyed.

On top of all of this Satyricon have been, and still are, prominent members of black metal community. It's not like they just jumped out of nowhere with a shitload of angst only to die in a few years, following a trend of their peers. They are doing their own thing to promote a message that they believe in. Just because they chose a diffrent sound to do it in, instead of growing stale by drowning themselves in the same pool they've been in the for the last 16 years.

No, I know a bit more about what I'm talking about then you'd think. Black Metal is a large part of my life and I know a little more then just a bit about it.

Now for your indie pop record comment, it depends on the message, meaning behind it, and how it's conveyed. If the message is more then teenage angst sprouting out of a shithole of a mouth, and they actualy have an understanding of what the fuck they are talking about, and they're not just being dumb shits about it, then I will say yes, they are still black metal cause they follow the message and ideology. Who cares the form it's broughten out in, it's the message that is being conveyed.

jesus christ you absolute fucking moron