Similar band(s) like Opeth:

Feb 5, 2004
I know there has been many threads based off of similar bands that convey music and feel that could be compared to influences of Opeth...I found one such band ....Nothing "completely/remotely" exact but then again I suppose you could find many inspirations...The band is called "becoming the archetype" they have some tedious "metalcore-ish" elements but if you can see past that part(ex. breakdown esque parts)you will find they have some nice acoustical segments and can have long-er songs then the "norm"-
I can see these guys do something if only they mature properly and implement more unique singing/screams/growls etc.,when they want to introduce a unique vibe...Well let me know If you like,agree or just comments in general.
thanks,
Sean:headbang:

Woods Of Ypres
Asgaut
Katatonia
Anathema
Pain Of Salvation
Novembre
Athela
Novembers Doom
Agalloch
Porcupine Tree
Camel
Ulver
Ayreon
Deadsoul Tribe (Psychotic Waltz)
Emperor
Akercocke
Green Carnation
Wolverine
Riverside
Swallow The Sun
Orphaned Land
In The Woods

I think Woods of Ypres is the most similar out of them all. Theyve got that forest metal that Opeth had at the beginning of their career. I was talking to their drummer and theyre working on an album or they were or something, cant wait to hear it. Good bunch of guys, just live up by me in toronto too.

Detric said:
Woods Of Ypres
Asgaut
Katatonia
Anathema
Pain Of Salvation
Novembre
Athela
Novembers Doom
Agalloch
Porcupine Tree
Camel
Ulver
Ayreon
Deadsoul Tribe (Psychotic Waltz)
Emperor
Akercocke
Green Carnation
Wolverine
Riverside
Swallow The Sun
Orphaned Land
In The Woods

in da woods :headbang:

def. Katatonia, Anathema, Amon amarath....thats whats coming to mind right now...and yeah ppl say Aggolach...i dont really see it ...but sure...yeah that too....!!!....PEAC EOUT

start with the album "in absentia"

p.s. this thread is so fucking wrong i couldnt begin to write about it

opethfawkingrules said:
I know there has been many threads based off of similar bands that convey music and feel that could be compared to influences of Opeth...I found one such band ....Nothing "completely/remotely" exact but then again I suppose you could find many inspirations...The band is called "becoming the archetype" they have some tedious "metalcore-ish" elements but if you can see past that part(ex. breakdown esque parts)you will find they have some nice acoustical segments and can have long-er songs then the "norm"-
I can see these guys do something if only they mature properly and implement more unique singing/screams/growls etc.,when they want to introduce a unique vibe...Well let me know If you like,agree or just comments in general.
thanks,
Sean:headbang:
Hell yeah. I have Becoming The Archetype's album Terminate Damnation. I really like it, even if there is quite a bit of -core elements in the music, which is usually a turnoff for me. Good band. Do they have any other albums?