Steven Slate Drums 2.0: SIGNATURE DRUM KITS... DEMOS!!

blast those demos through a system with a sub.. and I dare you not to get up and start head boppin.... this is my favorite kit so far. There is also a lot more that can be done with it, some delays and different compression settings.. I'll include some settings in the manual for sure.

So again, drums only, with mix compression:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo2/LEDZEP2.wav

Scott from Vita Music's version ( www.vitaetmusica.com ) with bass and guitars and even more insane compression:

www.vitaetmusica.com/outgoing/ZEP.mp3

and the actual sounds coming off the keyboard, no further processing:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo2/LEDZEP.wav

Question to Slate or anyone..

If you were aiming for the Pantera - Far Beyond Driven snare sound, which existing slate snare would you go for, and what sort of things might process it in the right direction?

Can't wait for new stuff! (actually come to think of it, a less roomy Black Album snare might be close?)

Cheers!

yes on cymbal chokes, i'll get back to you on the pantera answer but I'm sure something can get close.

Updates: finalized the new deftones kit. I used a tama bell brass and those samps sound really great. finalized the new vintage led zep kit. These are being mapped and then we'll start doing some beta testing.

More demos coming soon.

yes on cymbal chokes, i'll get back to you on the pantera answer but I'm sure something can get close.

Updates: finalized the new deftones kit. I used a tama bell brass and those samps sound really great. finalized the new vintage led zep kit. These are being mapped and then we'll start doing some beta testing.

More demos coming soon.

What album did you base the samples off of? I love the sound on all the albums regardless, his snare is always amazing....

We'll be taking preorders next Monday. The preorder price is $299, the initial intro selling price is $329, the final price after a month will be considerabley more. Preorders will be shipped in early January.

Here is the vintage Led Zep kit, recorded in a castle in the Hollywood Hills, with 14" x "26 maple kick, 14, 16, 18 toms, and Ludwig Supraphonic snare:

with mixbuss compression:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo2/OLDZEP.wav

without any mix processing:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo2/OLDZEP2.wav

fun stuff.

Deftones modeled mostly after White Pony btw.

We'll be taking preorders next Monday. The preorder price is $299, the initial intro selling price is $329, the final price after a month will be considerabley more. Preorders will be shipped in early January.

Here is the vintage Led Zep kit, recorded in a castle in the Hollywood Hills, with 14" x "26 maple kick, 14, 16, 18 toms, and Ludwig Supraphonic snare:

with mixbuss compression:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo2/OLDZEP.wav

without any mix processing:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo2/OLDZEP2.wav

fun stuff.

Deftones modeled mostly after White Pony btw.

What about people who own version 1? When will we be able to order the update?

Cheers
Dan

if you are an original 1.0 user, its free, as promised from day one. 30 bucks for 1.5 users. Upgrades will ship same day as release day, I'm working my ass off for second week of January. Things should go into beta test at christmas. We might do the first round pass sans a complete manual (which could be downloaded later) and software box... these things take quite a bit of time. The final box design for 2.0 can't be finished until the software is done because I have to decide which modeled kits make the cut and which need to be tweaked more for a 2.x future release.

Cool Deal Steve....can not wait....I am a 1.5 guy - 30bucks(WOW)..I am sitting patiently. I know you are busy with 2.0 any word with Drumagog vid