Steven Slate Drums: Chris Lord-Alge Expansion

bought it and it suonds amazing!
i need more time with it, but the tama bell brass is just soo wonderful.

for "real" suonding drums there is no better sample package out there.
cant wait to use these in a prodcution!
and you can learn a lot from the ssd mixer presets. clas drumsound comes from the room and overheads. turn them of and its just 30% there.
also the one shot added sample is gold.

thank you steven for this amazing release!

now get randy staub. i liked the rock solid,
but i miss the options this package offers !

bought it and it suonds amazing!
i need more time with it, but the tama bell brass is just soo wonderful.

for "real" suonding drums there is no better sample package out there.
cant wait to use these in a prodcution!
and you can learn a lot from the ssd mixer presets. clas drumsound comes from the room and overheads. turn them of and its just 30% there.
also the one shot added sample is gold.

thank you steven for this amazing release!

now get randy staub. i liked the rock solid,
but i miss the options this package offers !

Totally agree! However, what is this one shot sample?

just bought it...
I really like the snares, some of the presets are killer (I like 3 and 10 for example...which happen to be exactly the same, lol).
The kicks are alright, I guess they'll be useful for some slower paced stuff (well CLA stuff), nothing for modern metal with fast drumming, but that's not what anyone would expect from CLA kicks, so all good.
the toms are pretty much useless IMO, but that might just be my taste.

The snares alone are worth buying it though!

That's pretty much what I gathered from the clips. Not sure I feel like spending that much to add some more good snares to my collection when I already have so many good snares available.

just bought it...
I really like the snares, some of the presets are killer (I like 3 and 10 for example...which happen to be exactly the same, lol).
The kicks are alright, I guess they'll be useful for some slower paced stuff (well CLA stuff), nothing for modern metal with fast drumming, but that's not what anyone would expect from CLA kicks, so all good.
the toms are pretty much useless IMO, but that might just be my taste.

The snares alone are worth buying it though!

I'm guessing the snares and kicks would be great for radio rock?

@006, right now we are doing an intro special on the CLA packs for $149 each. After the intro price ends on January 1st, I'll consider making the TRIGGER pack a bit cheaper at $199 instead of $249, thanks.

For toms, I promise you if you take five seconds and crank some hi shelf they are wickedly good!

Cheers,
Steven

I wasn't talking about 006 when I was talking about the pricing.

Wrong, at least if you're a manufacturer who intends to sell his product.

Just saying that there isn't anything comparable to this on the market. Sure another sample pack might be cheaper but I don't think anyone will buy this to be just another sample pack but "the sample pack" if you like CLA drums. Although I must say Metal Machine will be pretty hard to beat... it's just awesome in every way.

@006, right now we are doing an intro special on the CLA packs for $149 each. After the intro price ends on January 1st, I'll consider making the TRIGGER pack a bit cheaper at $199 instead of $249, thanks.

For toms, I promise you if you take five seconds and crank some hi shelf they are wickedly good!

Cheers,
Steven

Thanks for the response and for clarifying. For the record I never had a problem with the $149 price, they sound worth that to me. Having the $50 difference after the intro period sounds very reasonable.

Farrrrkk......don't tell me slate is about to get another $200 from me....

Yep, I folded, SSD4 Platinum and CLA expansion, giddy up me. I've kind of given up on trying to squeeze punchy, present kick and snare from BFD2. I just really hope I can find 'my kit' in amongst all the options, and not come across as having the same sounding kit as everyone else. Here's to hoping...

Bought em! Samples are great. Will post a demo in a recent mix I am working on soon. Kicks are live with a great juicy attack, snares are brilliant too. And the reverb channel is fantastic. Many of you complained about toms saying they are weak. I can say that 10 and 16 toms are somekind strange sounding, but I use a set of 12, 14 and 18 and they sound great together. The very important thing about toms in this pack is MONO room channel (or is that another overhead mic?), I keep it realy loud and it gives that extra punch and attack for these toms. Try that! BTW I am a little disapointed to discover that there are actualy 3 crash cymbals instead of 4 as they are listed. The 4th one is the same recorded cymbal just panned to the right.. Anyway they sound great)