SX and Paradise Lost = Satanic ??

Yes you really did make your argument :) It's so relieving to know the only reason you aren't out killing people is becaue it makes you feel yucky inside and your mommy tells you not to, good boy.

Precisely. My mom and dad raised me very fucking well, without God. They showed me that there are ways to resolve issues other than physical violence. Because of this, i have no desire to kill or harm anyone. On the times that I DO feel like hurting someone, which everyone has their moments, I don't want to get in trouble with the law. These are legitimate reasons. To me, they're much more legitimate than a God telling me it's wrong.

actually you're right. i have an intense desire to kill. it's huge. since i'm agnostic, i have no idea that killing is wrong, so i really fucking want to. But mom and the cops make me not do it. That's the ONLY thing holding me back.

Please :rolleyes:

We're "Gods favorite" with instilled "Gods law".... thats why we're the only mammal that kills for sport........... and Im not talking strictly game hunting

yep. all makes sense to me

We're "Gods favorite" with instilled "Gods law".... thats why we're the only mammal that kills for sport........... and Im not talking strictly game hunting

Christians have a cop-out for this too... FREE WILL! Ahh, so convenient.

edit: again, i'm not trying to christian-bash here. Dan and Ken specifically, i know y'all are great people, neither of you preach, you hold your own beliefs and i appreciate that. I hope y'all don't take my rantings at this mindless drone personally.
Kill with power :headbang:

Don't live under the dillusion that all other animals kill only to eat, study Pumas sometime.

Precisely. My mom and dad raised me very fucking well, without God. They showed me that there are ways to resolve issues other than physical violence. Because of this, i have no desire to kill or harm anyone. On the times that I DO feel like hurting someone, which everyone has their moments, I don't want to get in trouble with the law. These are legitimate reasons. To me, they're much more legitimate than a God telling me it's wrong.

Still you're missing the entire point, mommy and daddy may have told you not to kill but did they tell you why not to? Why is it wrong? Still waiting for that answer.

Don't live under the dillusion that all other animals kill only to eat, study Pumas sometime.
that doesn't nullify his point at all. Congratulations, that proves nothing.
Still you're missing the entire point, mommy and daddy may have told you not to kill but did they tell you why not to? Why is it wrong? Still waiting for that answer.
They sure as hell didn't tell me not to because a magical man in the sky says it's wrong, or that it hurts baby jesus.

I'm not missing the point. I've answered that question. There is no "why" anymore. this is how i was raised, this is the way things are. There doesn't have to be rhyme or reason to it. I'm tired of your pseudo-intellect and bullshit ramblings.

I feel sorry for your friends if they have to put up with this shit all the time.

I thought people listen to Death and Black metal because they look silly, yet strangely manly.

that doesn't nullify his point at all. Congratulations, that proves nothing.

They sure as hell didn't tell me not to because a magical man in the sky says it's wrong, or that it hurts baby jesus.

I'm not missing the point. I've answered that question. There is no "why" anymore. this is how i was raised, this is the way things are. There doesn't have to be rhyme or reason to it. I'm tired of your pseudo-intellect and bullshit ramblings.

I feel sorry for your friends if they have to put up with this shit all the time.

You totally proved my point, you have no reason for knowing why murder is wrong, it just is. Which is code for you don't know why it's wrong it's just the way you were raised, now that's funny. Actually my friends can back up their beliefs so we have no problems. They at least have reasons for believing what they believe not just "that's the way I was raised".

No, again, you're wrong. I've answered all of this, and i've been repeating myself. I am not going to write an essay on why murder is wrong, go back and actually read my posts. You're simply ignoring things that are inconvenient to your point and exploiting posts like the last one which are written out of exasperation and a decreasing desire to try and have this conversation.

You are literally everything that is wrong with christianity. I will defend christians who hold their beliefs, live by them and lead a good life based on their moral values, because more often than not, those people respect the fact that i am going down my chosen path and respect that I am still a good person despite the fact that I don't believe in any gods. Who the fuck are you to imply that i was not raised properly, or that i have no morals because I don't believe in god? Where do you get off putting yourself above me? And again, how dare you preach to me and tell me I'm wrong. It is sickening that you are using your faith, something that again should be very personal and meaningful to you, as a weapon against others who you see as inferior.

You can stick your nose in the air and feel superior all you want. Think that you have all the answers, go ahead. I'm sure your life is just a rich, full fucking festival of delusion and fake self importance.

No, again, you're wrong. I've answered all of this, and i've been repeating myself. I am not going to write an essay on why murder is wrong, go back and actually read my posts. You're simply ignoring things that are inconvenient to your point and exploiting posts like the last one which are written out of exasperation and a decreasing desire to try and have this conversation.

You are literally everything that is wrong with christianity. I will defend christians who hold their beliefs, live by them and lead a good life based on their moral values, because more often than not, those people respect the fact that i am going down my chosen path and respect that I am still a good person despite the fact that I don't believe in any gods. Who the fuck are you to imply that i was not raised properly, or that i have no morals because I don't believe in god? Where do you get off putting yourself above me? And again, how dare you preach to me and tell me I'm wrong. It is sickening that you are using your faith, something that again should be very personal and meaningful to you, as a weapon against others who you see as inferior.

You can stick your nose in the air and feel superior all you want. Think that you have all the answers, go ahead. I'm sure your life is just a rich, full fucking festival of delusion and fake self importance.

Could you please read back through my posts and point out and quote where I said I was a Christian......if you can do this I will give you a dolalr :)

You totally proved my point, you have no reason for knowing why murder is wrong, it just is. Which is code for you don't know why it's wrong it's just the way you were raised, now that's funny. Actually my friends can back up their beliefs so we have no problems. They at least have reasons for believing what they believe not just "that's the way I was raised".
Since when was the fact that that's how he was raised not a valid reason for his ideas and beliefs?

And even though you might not be a Christian, you still seem to carry on the same way as the people you're being compared to.

Zach, my advise, dont persue this, I've seen this game before. Notice the avioding, like everything, not just what you have said, like it didnt register but other things as well. And will sit there to the end claiming triumph
-----------------------
Jeff, man WTF, you dont know me and are just wrong, far from the bully in school, in fact opposite, but I do believe in standing my ground and the instinct of protectionism. I have also been put in a few circumstances the past ten years which has made me harder.... I was simply expressing these points, bluntly

I was the best of gumbys at one time

Yes you really did make your argument :) It's so relieving to know the only reason you aren't out killing people is becaue it makes you feel yucky inside and your mommy tells you not to, good boy.

Here's one theory.

All of our now inate instincts come from humanity's experiences and consequences of their behaviour throughout history.

One idea is that uring the EEA (the Environment of Evolutionary Adaption), when Homosapiens were first walking on their own two feet ect ect, humans found that if they were to kill their fellow species, they would be reduced in number and would therefore be less likely to survive against their natural predators.

Nowadays the ideas of "the right to end life" and general morality of behaviour have come to our attention simply due to the increasing intelligence of mankind since it's conception.

That's just one idea, but it's a hell of a lot more believable than "An invisible power made us that way" :rolleyes:

Also, what makes you believe in YOUR God specifically? (If you're a christian), what makes you believe that worshipping an invisible force that has has no recognisable effect on the world is rational?

Because if you were to base your beliefs purely on fact and rational thinking, then believing in such a thing would surely seem completely illogical.

Since when was the fact that that's how he was raised not a valid reason for his ideas and beliefs?

And even though you might not be a Christian, you still seem to carry on the same way as the people you're being compared to.

Wow, stereotype much? Well I will look past the fact that you just tried to throw over a billion people all into one bundle. Sure the way you are raised is a valid reason for having your beliefs and values but good luck telling other people something is wrong because "my mom and dad told me so". If my mom and dad told me murder was not wrong would it no longer be wrong for me to kill someone?