That "Doomsday Machine" sound....

I personally would like to hear more about the snare.(and own the motherfucking sample HAHAHA) I think it is one of the best snare sounds ever laid down. Toms are no joke either. I just picked up some Yamaha’s HS50M and revisited the cd and I can't get enough the drum sound in a whole. Would love to hear Daniel's thoughts on his kit sound actually. Sure it's the cleanest fucking drum sound around and a detractor to the piss ant purists but christ the kit is thunderous. Definitely a killer reference sound for anyone dabbling in the world of sampled drums.

Fair question indeed. I'm thinking the answer probably has something to do with signal degradation due to improper splitting, or maybe avoiding ground loops... but those are just guesses, and they're probably way off.

i just wanted to throw out there what a great drummer daniel is. I did ozzfest this summer and arch enemy went on before trivium everday so i was literally next to daniels kit for alot of the set every morning while getting things ready. The guy is dead on and Hits HARD as mofo. Also his drums sound great and are tuned well also. Andy will tell you just as much any good engineer that the drummer and their drums are half the battle if not more. I am right in the middle of the bury your dead record right now and jay i got amazing drum sounds because #1 we had a great kit and #2 mark is an amazing drummer that hits hard as hell and very consistently. as of now we arent even using any samples. its all about the drummer man!

KeithRT99 said:
^what do you mean by "you did" ozzfest

The're several options i think; played ozzfest or was roadie, soundtech, lighttech or any other crew...I guess roadie..

Anyway..back to the topic..I'm still struggling getting an awesome snare sound as on this record, same goes for toms offcourse..but that goes a bit better..everyday when trying...ONE day oh ONE day I will get close :)

that was funny but seriously, why can't you split the signal and use an amp to raise the signal to "11"? I'm just asking because I don't have the money for that many triggers however, when I monitor the triggers midi, it sounds fine for now. can i get away with that? :kickass:

question...
What do you guys use on the Sennheiser MD421 bass trap setting?
I've been trying also on this...I guess that I really need to get some pinstripes to go towards this sound, and offcourse some reference to the EQ-setting..but I highly doubt it Andy will share any more of his big box of magic tricks :)..he allready shares more then is good for him..:headbang:

we always keep the 421s on M. i prefer clear emperors to the pinstripes usually. but both are good heads, the main thing is having a good drum with good bearing edges and keeping it well tuned. that will really get your toms rolling