That "Doomsday Machine" sound....

actually thinking about it, i dont like the drums that much on this album, seem kinda dull to my ears, and the start of my apocalypse, the kick just sounds like a dull click, again this is just my opinion, prefer the drums on This Godless Endeavour

This thread has to go with me to my grave..so it still has (hopefully) atleast 60 years more to go :)
:Smokin:

Anyway, I'm still trying to really really check out this snare sound, I have no clue how to get close to it..

Toms just use Sennheiser MD421, cut on 400hz (-20 in cubase) and add attack around 5500 (+3 in cubase), then I put reverb on it..(now still using cubase standard reverb..waiting for digi 002 rack (pro tools le) to arrive, to lazy to install altiverb..waiting for pro tools). Offcourse overheads have a lot to do in this.
I feel like this is the direction towards this kind of tom sound, I'm still far away but I'm spening a lot of time testing and playing around with it..

Still that snare cracks me up is it triggered..acoustisch..who can tell?..:cry:

i would assume it's the one daniel usually uses, right? that's an Eric Singer signature. I've seen it in several photos of him live and tracking at nordstrom's. I can't tell for sure in the Doomsday pictures

Man, looking at this thread again, I said I hated the drums on this album, but shit man, I've changed my tune a lot since then, they're the best drums I've ever heard. The toms especially take my breath away.

hey guys im at work at the mo but i have a sample of the kick that was used in doomsday machine im going to post this tonight on my esnips page if thats ok with everyone.

haha ill leave it to someone else to get a close snare sound and upload multisamples of that !
snare on that album is unreal !

couldnt mr slate achieve this ?
ive tried a million and 1 things and cant get close to it its so frustrating haha

hey guys im at work at the mo but i have a sample of the kick that was used in doomsday machine im going to post this tonight on my esnips page if thats ok with everyone.

haha ill leave it to someone else to get a close snare sound and upload multisamples of that !
snare on that album is unreal !

couldnt mr slate achieve this ?
ive tried a million and 1 things and cant get close to it its so frustrating haha

Oh hell yes.