The Art Thread

I love this album cover.

mcstillborn001.jpg

I dislike those.

But yeah Seagrave rules.

I hate John Dyer Baizley too. I saw his work for album covers. He looks a lot like this past female artist but cant remember the name.

I prefer early Dan Seagrave work compared to his later work which is more polished.

I copied paintings of these 2 Impressionists recently. The first one is Berthe Morisot's "In The Dining Room" (1886) and the second is van Gogh's "Self Portrait" (September 1889).

berthemorisot1s.jpg

vincentvangogh1s.jpg

triumphscreen.jpg

templelg.jpg

Craig Mullins' work in Marathon 2: Durandal gave me my first video game erection. Probably better known for doing concept art for Halo and Fallout 3.

You know, you guys could just post this stuff in The Art Thread. Unless, of course, this stuff is too cool for the regular art thread.

EDIT: damn it Grant. :cool:

But here's one piece that I think is really cool:
lj_ZdzislawBeksinski020.jpg

Beksinski ftw.

While we're waiting for the mods to merge the threads...

Craig Mullins' work in Marathon 2: Durandal gave me my first video game erection. Probably better known for doing concept art for Halo and Fallout 3.

That shit is pretty awesome. Makes me kinda want to try that game out, especially since it's apparently free to download. However, I'm not sure I could still stomach Doom 2 style gameplay anymore.

I'm a big fan of Michael Whelan's art (my current sig is even one of his paintings) and here are some of my favorites from him:

large_lumen6.jpg

large_lumen6_2.jpg

large_chasm.jpg

large_wave.jpg

large_deadend.jpg

large_bgyman.jpg